Spread the love
Easy meal prep BBQ quinoa chicken salad bowls are healthy and delicious. Make them ahead to have on hand all week.
These BBQ Chicken Bowls are loaded with zesty quinoa, freshly shaved kale, Monterey Jack cheese, avocado and a delicious BBQ chicken.
They are perfect for meal prep as you can make multiple portions and place them in meal prep containers to have on hand all week. This recipe works great for meal prep lunches or dinners and can be eaten cold or served warm.
Serve these as is or with a crusty piece of bread on the side and you got a family friendly dinner that everyone can make to their desired taste.
Can I just say YUM!!! I LOVE bowls and I can make it for dinner and then eat it the rest of the week for lunches. It is a great meal prep idea and you can change it up so easily. Here it is!
- 2 Cups Quinoa
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Ranch Dressing Packet
- 1 Pound Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce + More To Top
- 2 Cups Kale, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded
- 1 Avocado, Diced
- 1 Lime
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Preheat a grill pan, gas grill or charcoal grill until hot. Toss the chicken in BBQ Sauce and place on the grill. Grill for 5 minutes per side.
- Place in the oven and cook for 5 more minutes or until chicken is cooked through (If grilling on a gas grill or charcoal grill skip the oven). Remove from grill and dice, set aside.
- Place quinoa in a medium sized sauce pan with water. Cook over medium heat until quinoa starts to boil. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes or until quinoa is cooked and water is absorbed. Toss with dry ranch dressing and stir to combine, set aside.
- To make your bowl place 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup kale, 1/2 cup chicken, 1/4 Cup cheese and 1/4 cup avocado into the bowl.
- Drizzle chicken with extra BBQ sauce and top with squeezed lime juice.
Spread the love