Spicy buffalo wings meet a fresh, crispy salad in this delicious mashup! This Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad is full of flavor and topped with a healthy, homemade ranch dressing.
Buffalo chicken wings are a must at any tailgate or gameday get together. In fact, I love wings for any get together! I love the crunchy breading from the chicken and spicy buffalo sauce slathered all over. Honestly, it’s probably one of my favorite appetizers. I am a huge sucker for the spice, but this crispy buffalo chicken salad is a great, healthy alternative.
Although I thoroughly enjoy a good buffalo wing, I don’t always want the heartburn and heavy feeling I have after eating them. Sometimes I just want all the flavors of a good buffalo wing, but in a healthier version.
After messing around in the kitchen trying to come up with a healthier alternative, I created this crispy buffalo chicken salad with healthy homemade ranch and it’s been slashing my cravings for the unhealthy buffalo wings ever since.
I especially love the homemade healthy ranch dressing! It goes well on just about anything, so make a big batch and keep it in the fridge.
How to Make Healthy, Homemade Ranch Dressing with Greek Yogurt:
Greek yogurt works perfectly in homemade ranch dressing and it cuts the calories significantly. It provides just the right amount of tang and it’s a great healthy option. To make the healthy, homemade ranch dressing with Greek yogurt, simply combine the following in a mason jar, seal shut with the lid, and shake to combine.
- Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- Dried Dill
- Dried Parsley
- Garlic Salt
- Black Pepper
- White Balsamic Vinegar
The dressing can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. I actually love storing it in the mason jar, and then when I am ready to serve, I just swap out the lid for my Ergo Spout. This spout makes the dressing pour easily without any mess. You can drizzle the dressing straight onto your salad!
- Cut the Romaine lettuce ahead of time and store in a Ziploc bag with a paper towel. This will keep your lettuce fresh and crisp.
- Prep the carrots and celery ahead of time and store in a Ziploc bag with a wet paper towel. This will keep the items fresh and crisp as well.
- Make the salad dressing ahead of time.
Check out this highlight bubble with some more of my salad tricks.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Salad:
Buffalo chicken wings meets the fresh, crispy salad. Can't wait for you to try this unique salad.
- 1 Large Head Romaine Lettuce, Washed and Chopped
- ½ Cup Carrot, Shaved
- ½ Cup Celery, Chopped
- ¼ Cup Red Onion, Sliced Thin
- 6 Crispy Chicken Tenders, Cooked and Roughly Sliced
- Buffalo Hot Sauce, for Drizzle (I like Frank's RedHot)
Homemade Ranch Dressing:
- ½ Cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- ½ Cup Buttermilk
- ¼ Teaspoon Dried Dill
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon White Balsamic Vinegar
- Place all ingredients for the salad on a platter or in a salad bowl.
- Place all the dressing ingredients into a mason jar and seal shut. Shake thoroughly and top desired amount on salad.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.