This cauliflower stuffing recipe has all of your favorite traditional stuffing flavors packed into a healthy, gluten free Thanksgiving side dish.
Cauliflower stuffing has been on repeat for the last couple of Thanksgivings in our house. We have some family members that are gluten free and love to be able to accommodate them with recipes that taste just like the gluten filled side dishes.
The best part is we use my stuffing recipe as a base so you can make a gluten free version and a regular version by prepping the same ingredients.
This gluten free cauliflower stuffing recipe is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, and you can make it vegetarian and nut free if you leave out the sausage and pecans!
- 1 Bag Riced Cauliflower (From Trader Joe's)
- 1 Pound Sweet Chicken Italian Sausage (From Trader Joe's)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Cup Butternut Squash, Diced Small
- 1/2 Cup Onion, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Celery, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Carrot, Diced Small
- 1/2 Cup Apple (Fuji or Honey Crisp), Diced
- 1 Teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- Kosher Salt To Taste (Don't be shy with the salt)
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Cup Candied Pecans (From Trader Joe's), Roughly Chopped
- Fill a large saucepan 1/2 way with water. Bring to a boil. Add riced cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large cast iron skillet or non-stick skillet brown the sausage until cooked through. Break into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Add the onion, celery, and carrot and cook for 7 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Add apples, poultry seasoning, salt, cranberries and chicken broth. Cover with a lid and cook on low to medium heat or 10 minutes. Remove the lid and add riced cauliflower. Season with salt to taste and top with candied pecans. Enjoy!