Need a make-ahead dessert for your Thanksgiving dinner? These easy Ice Cream Bars are the perfect Pumpkin Ice Cream Dessert that are not a pie for your Thanksgiving table!
You all know how much of a fan I am of ice cream cakes. I make an ice cream cake for almost every holiday. Some of my favorites are the Christmas Ice Cream Cake, Thanksgiving Ice Cream Cake, and Easter Ice Cream Cake.
I recently ventured out from cakes to bars, and they are equally delicious and easy to make!
What I love about these Pumpkin Chocolate Ice Cream Bars is you can adapt the recipe with any two ice cream flavors you like so feel free to experiment with all sorts of delicious flavor combinations to find the one that you love the most. You can also play with the variety of cookie and candy bar topping to match flavor combinations and make it all just the way you like it.
But, the very best thing about this Pumpkin Ice Cream Dessert recipe is that it is a great recipe to make with the kids! They love it and get to be a part of the Thanksgiving day prep!
Watch how easy it is to make.
Here is the full recipe.
- 1 Box Cinnamon Graham Crackers, Crumbs
- 1.75 Quarts Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1.75 Quarts Pumpkin Ice Cream
- 1 Cup Heath Bar, Chopped
- Soften the ice cream by letting it sit out at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Place the graham crackers into a large Ziplock baggie, remove the air and seal. Crush the crackers using a rolling pin until they are small crumbs.
- Place the graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of a 9x13 pan and spread out to form one even layer.
- Scoop the chocolate and pumpkin ice cream in an alternating pattern and form one even layer. Dip a spoon in hot water and spread the top of the ice cream layer to create a even, smooth layer.
- Top with the chopped Heath Bar pieces. Place in the freezer for at least an hour, or up to 2 days.
- To serve, cut the ice cream bars in squares.
You can use different cookies like gingersnaps or oreos.