My favorite Christmas dessert is this easy, make ahead Christmas ice cream cake. It’s festive, flavorful and fun!
Christmas ice cream cake has so many special memories for me! We have this every Christmas night and I look forward to it all year long. After a delicious traditional Christmas dinner we end with this easy ice cream cake. Full of peppermint and mint it’s the perfect ending to a delicious dinner.
Ice cream cake can be made a day in advance and can be made with different ice cream flavors. We have a flavor for almost every holiday!
The best part about this ice cream cake is how easy it is to make!
How to Make Ice Cream Cake:
- Place cookies in a ziplock bag. Smash with a rolling pin to make cookie crumbs.
- Add half of the cookies to a springform pan.
- Then add mint n chip ice cream and spread evenly to create one even layer.
- Add the remaining half of the cookies.
- Top with peppermint ice cream and spread evenly to create an even layer.
- Top with chocolate sauce and peppermint candies.
Ingredients for Christmas Ice Cream Cake:
- mint n chip ice cream
- peppermint ice cream
- chocolate syrup
- peppermint candies
Other Ice Cream Cake Ideas:
Remember when I said we have an ice cream cake for almost every holiday. Well here are some of the ideas along with some recipes to try out!
- Valentine’s Version: Oreo crumbs, strawberry ice cream, chocolate ice cream, chocolate covered strawberries to top
- St Patrick’s Day: coconut cookie crumbs, lime sherbet, Rainbow sherbet, gold coins
- Easter Version: coconut cookie crumbs, rainbow sherbet, vanilla ice cream, toasted coconut and peeps to top
- 4 of July Version: coconut cookie crumbs, strawberry ice cream, blueberry ice cream, topped with cool whip and fresh berries
- Halloween Version: Oreo cookie crumbs, rocky road ice cream, pumpkin ice cream, Halloween candy to top
- Thanksgiving Version: gingersnap crumbs, pumpkin ice cream, vanilla ice cream, heath bars to top
Christmas Ice Cream Cake Recipe:
Make-ahead desserts, like this Christmas Ice Cream Cake, are perfect for your Christmas celebration, and a festive dessert option, too!
- 1 (14.3 ounce) Bag Oreo Cookies
- 1.75 Quarts Peppermint Ice Cream
- 1.75 Quarts Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Chocolate Syrup
- Mint Chocolate Candy, Chopped Into Small Pieces
- Place the cookies in a large Ziploc bag. Remove the air and seal the bag. Crush with a rolling pin or large skillet until the cookies are crushed into small pieces.
- Pour half of the cookies into the bottom of a springform pan, reserving half for the center of the cake.
- Evenly scoop the peppermint ice cream on top of the cookies. Run a spoon under warm water and use the back of the spoon to spread the ice cream in one even layer.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup on top of the ice cream, and then top with the remaining cookies.
- Evenly scoop the mint ice cream on top of the cookies and spread out evenly (using the same warm spoon technique).
- Drizzle more chocolate syrup and top with candy bar pieces. Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour, or until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, let sit for 5 minutes to slightly soften, and slice the cake into 14 equal slices.
This can be made days in advance.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.