Easy crockpot chicken wild rice soup is the ultimate comfort food! The best part is you can put it in the crockpot in the morning and have a delicious hot soup on the table for dinner.
Can I make this soup in the Instant Pot:
You can definitely make this soup in the instant pot. Just follow the directions but leave out the milk and corn starch.
Place in the instant pot on manual high pressure for 30 minutes. Manually release the pressure and shred the chicken with two forks. Turn the pot on saute mode and add the cornstarch and water and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes. Serve!
How To Make Crockpot Chicken Wild Rice Soup:
- 1.5 Pounds Chicken Thighs, Boneless and Skinless
- 1.5 Cups Celery, Diced
- 1.5 Cups Carrot, Peeled, Diced
- 1.5 Cups Onion, Diced
- 1.5 Cups Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1.5 Cups Wild Rice
- 8 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Bayleaf
- 1/2 Tablespoon Poultry Seasoning
- 1/2 Tablespoon Dried Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- Place chicken, celery, carrot, onion, mushrooms, wild rice, chicken stock, bayleaf, poultry seasoning, dry minced garlic, salt, pepper into the crockpot and set on low for 8 hours.
- When the soup has one hour left, shred the chicken in the crockpot.
- Place milk in a cup and mix with cornstarch and stir to combine. Add to the crockpot and cover for another hour.
- When ready to serve, remove the bayleaf and serve with your favorite garlic bread.