Believe it or not air fryer eggs are a thing! And my all time favorite way to prepare them is in a delicious frittata. It is perfect for breakfast, brunch or dinner.
Air fryer eggs are just another way to utilize this amazing machine. We are going to cover how to make a frittata in the air fryer. But if you don’t have an air fryer, you can make this dish in the oven too.
If you need help deciding what air fryer to get or how to use it, you can check out this post. We go over all the basics there. Plus cooking times for common foods.
Now let’s make this frittata!
Air Fryer Frittata:
The best thing about this recipe is you can make it your own and add different vegetables, proteins and cheeses.
I also love to use leftovers! If you have some leftover roasted vegetables or proteins use it up.
Here are some ways you can customize this air fryer frittata.
- Sweet Potato
- Cheddar Cheese
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Brie Cheese
- Gruyere cheese
- Hot Sauce
Other Ways to Make Eggs In Air Fryer:
There are so many ways you can cook eggs in the air fryer. I linked some of my friend’s recipes here. Check them out if you are interested.
Other Recipes To Try:
If you are a fan of the air fryer like I am, try out these other easy and delicious air fryer recipes!
How To Make Air Fryer Eggs Frittata:
There are a couple tricks with this recipe. First, grab a foil tin that fits your air fryer basket. This will make for easier cleanup and easy inversion of the frittata. The top gets a little golden brown so I just think it looks better on the bottom if you invert it.
Next, don’t fill the foil tin all the way to the top. It will overflow and you will have a big mess on your hands. I fill my foil tin about 3/4 of the way up and it works great with no spilling.
Check your eggs toward the end of cooking by slightly shaking the pan. If the eggs are giggly keep cooking. Each model is different so you may need to cook it slightly longer or shorter.
Lastly, let the frittata sit after you remove it from the air fryer for 5-10 minutes or so. This will help to finish cooking the frittata while also letting it set up a bit. If you were to invert it right away it will fall apart on you.
Egg Frittata in Air Fryer Recipe:
This egg frittata is the perfect weekday breakfast. You can keep it in your fridge for up to 5 days. Just re-heat when you are ready to serve.
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced small
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- hot sauce (optional)
- Dice one red pepper into small dice.
- Clean 1 cup mushrooms with a wet paper towel and dice small.
- Grate 1 cup pepper jack cheese.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk the eggs for about 1 minute to combine and incorporate air. Add cheese and vegetables.
- Spray a foil tin pan with cooking spray.
- Pout the egg mixture into the foil tin. Be careful not to fill more than 3/4 of the way full.
- Place the foil tin in the air fryer and cook at 350 F for 15 minutes. Check to see if it needs more time.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, then invert the foil tin on to a plate.
- Top with optional hot sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.