This easy sheet pan dinner will feed your family fast. This recipe takes about 20 minutes to make and is perfect all year round.
What’s great about sheet pan dinners is you literally throw a bunch of items on a sheet pan, pop it in the oven and you have a delicious dinner for your family with minimal clean up. You all know how much I love the minimal clean up!
This sheet pan recipe with sausage is a play on a panzanella salad. Panzanella is an Italian bread salad that is typically made with croutons and fresh vegetables. We are putting a little spin on it tonight with this panzanella sheet pan dinner.
Unlike using fresh vegetable we are roasting them with croutons and sausage and then tossing it all together with a delicious lemon dressing.
The best thing about this recipe is you can use any vegetables you enjoy. I use bell peppers and onions, but you can use whatever vegetables that your family like. Just make sure they are cut in similar sizes to ensure everything cooks evenly.
So here is how to make this super easy sheet pan dinner to feed your family fast.
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Sliced Thin
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, Sliced Thin
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper, Sliced Thin
- 1/2 Red Onion, Cut Into 1 Inch Chunks
- 2 Packages Adelle's Sweet Italian Chicken Sausages, Sliced 1/4 inch
- 3 Ciabatta Rolls or Other Crusty Bread, Cut into 1 inch Pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese (I prefer the brined block feta from Trader Joe's)
- 6 Basil Leaves, Torn
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine bell peppers, onion, sausage, and bread with oil and salt and toss to combine.
- Place the mixture evenly on two sheet pans. Place the sheet pans in the oven for 15 minutes. Toss the mixture half way through.
- After cooked toss with lemon dressing (recipe follows) along with feta and basil.
- 1/3 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1. Place the dressing ingredients into a mason jar, seal and shake to combine. Remove the lid and secure your Ergo Spout®.