These frozen chicken wings in the air fryer are so easy to make and are coated in a homemade Korean style BBQ sauce. These crispy chicken wings are slightly spicy and oh so delicious!
Frozen chicken wings in the air fryer are so simple to make and take about 25 minutes from start to finish. I am making this recipe with a Korean style sauce, but you can use any sauce you would like. Some of my favorites are buffalo sauce, BBQ sauce or a Thai sauce.
These air fried chicken wings are the perfect appetizer for a tailgate party or for a quick weeknight dinner. They are crisp on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside.
If you need help with how to use the air fryer make sure you check out this post. I go through which air fryer to get, how to use it, how to clean it and my easy tips to always yield a delicious end product.
But let’s jump right in and make some chicken wings shall we!
My Favorite Frozen Chicken Wings:
These are my all time favorite flavored chicken wings. You can also switch this recipe up with different sauces. Check out some of my other favorite sauce ideas. Some of these come from my new Instant Pot cookbook No Shop Instant Pot where I give you four different ideas for wings.
- Buffalo: Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, melted butter
- Thai: Fish sauce, brown sugar, lemongrass, garlic
- BBQ: Try your favorite BBQ sauce
- Jalapeno Brown Sugar: Pickled jalapeno, brown sugar
What Temperature Do You Cook Wings In An Air Fryer?
Cook the frozen chicken wings at 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
How Long To Cook Frozen Chicken Wings In Air Fryer:
Cook at 390 F for 20 minutes. Then remove the wings and toss them in your sauce of choice. Return them to the air fryer and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
What To Serve With Korean Style Chicken Wings:
This is a great recipe to make for gathering. I love making these for a quick appetizer with things like jalapeno popper meatballs, or serve as a main dish.
If you are serving these delicious Korean chicken wings as a main dish serve them with a quick and easy side like my friend’s Asian slaw. Or you can make a batch of frozen air fryer french fries. The choices are endless.
Ingredients You Will Need:
You only need a couple main ingredients to make these wings. I like to use these Mary’s frozen organic chicken wings, ketchup, gochujang and Chinese five spice. You can garnish these wings with green onion, cilantro and sesame seeds if desired.
And just a quick note, you can find gochujang at most major grocery stores. It is a Korean hot and sweet chili paste and has amazing flavor! I love this brand of gochuhang in particular so if you can find it, grab this one.
How To Make Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings:
Start by preheating the air fryer to 390 degrees on air fry mode for 3 minutes.
Next spray the frozen chicken wings with cooking spray. You can also use a dry rub at this stage if desired.
Next add the wings to the air fryer basket and cook at 390 F for 20 minutes. Shake half way through or flip the wings with some tongs.
Lastly toss the wings in the sauce of your choice and return to the air fryer for another 2 minutes to caramelize.
Enjoy these extra crispy air fryer chicken wings.
Can I Make Them In The Oven:
If you do not have an air fryer you can make these in the oven by roasting at 400 F for 25-30 minutes. Then toss them in sauce and broil for another 2-3 minutes to caramelize the sauce you choose.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings Video:
- 2 pounds frozen chicken wings
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup gochujang
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- green onions
- sesame seeds
- Preheat the air fryer on 390 F for 3 minutes. Place the frozen wings in a bowl and spray with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken wings in the preheated air fryer basket with the crisper plate.
- Cook on air fry mode at 390 F for 20 minutes.
- Toss half way through cooking.
- To make the sauce add the gochujang and ketchup to a measuring cup and mix to combine.
- Add the sauce to a mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 teaspoons Chinese five spice to the sauce and mix to combine.
- Toss the wings into the bowl with the sauce to coat.
- Place back into the air fryer and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Optional: Top the wings with sesame seeds, cilantro and green onion.
If you like your wings extra saucy you can double the sauce recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.