These gluten free chocolate chip cookies have zero weird aftertaste and have a secret ingredient that makes them fluffy and delicious.
Gluten Free Baking Tips:
Gluten free flours can sometimes leave an unpleasant aftertaste. I have found that one secret ingredient can eliminate any weird aftertaste and can also help to create a beautiful fluffy texture with any gluten free baked good.
My secret ingredient for gluten free baked goods is to add dry instant pudding mix to the batter. It is important that you use dry pudding mix to achieve the right texture with your baked goods.
You can use any flavored instant pudding mix that fits well with your recipe. For this recipe we will be using vanilla pudding mix.
Most pudding mixes are gluten free, but always check the label to make sure.
Gluten Free Flour-
The next baking tip is to pick the right gluten free flour. There are tons of options out there so read below to pick the right gluten free flour for your cookies.
Gluten Free Flour Option:
The amount of gluten free flours on the market these days is absolutely incredible. There are so many great gluten free flour options and I recommend finding one that you like the best.
My favorite is Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Flour. The best part is the flour substitutes 1 cup of regular flour with 1 cup of the gluten free flour so it makes for easy baking and recipe swaps.
Just swap out 1 cup of regular flour for the Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Flour.
We will be using the Bob’s Red for this recipe.
How to make these cookies dairy free:
Gluten and dairy free chocolate chip cookies:
Other Gluten Free Baked Goods:
Some of my other favorite gluten free baked good options are below. Try them out and let me know how you like them!
How to Make Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
Thick, gooey, soft chocolate chip cookies from scratch!
- 1 Cup Butter Flavored Crisco
- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste or Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Dry Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 2 Cups Bobs Red Mill 1-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Crisco with sugars with a silicone spatula. Mix until the batter is completely combined and creamy.
- Add one egg at a time, stirring in between. Make sure the mixture is completely combined and the batter becomes a soft tan color with no lumps of Crisco.
- Add the vanilla extract and pudding mix. Mix to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Place the dough in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop out large balls of dough, about ¼ cup, onto the baking sheet (I like to use this scoop), leaving space in between each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from the oven. Let sit for 5 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 267mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 3g
This information is not always completely accurate.