These oatmeal butterscotch cookies in bar form are full of oats, butterscotch and delicious flavors. The bars are chewy and soft and are perfect to make for a party.
These oatmeal butterscotch cookies are perfect for your next cookie party. You can serve them in cookie or bar form and they are a delicious treat to give to neighbors or friends.
The great thing about these cookies is you can make them in bar form or in individual cookies.
I love making these for our annual Christmas cookie exchange. Here are some of my other favorite cookies we make for the cookie exchange.
Cookies for cookie exchange:
These cookies are perfect for a cookie exchange because they make a large amount with little effort. You can make them in bar form or in individual cookies.
If you need some more inspiration for a cookie exchange, try these other cookies below.
You probably already have all the ingredients you need to make these butterscotch cookies. Here is what you need.
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- butterscotch chips
- rolled oats
- baking soda
How to make oatmeal butterscotch cookies:
Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookie Recipe:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Add butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar to a mixer.
- Cream together for 1 minute.
- Add the eggs and mix together.
- Add the vanilla.
- Add the oats.
- Add the flour.
- Add baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add chopped walnuts and mix to combine.
- Add the butterscotch chips and mix to combine.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Evenly spread the dough into the pan. The dough will be a little sticky.
- Bake at 350 for 22 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into squares.