If you haven’t tried baked blueberry donuts you don’t know what you are missing! These healthy donuts are so easy to make and only have a few ingredients.
Blueberry donuts are easy to make and they are always a huge hit with the kids. The best part is they are a great healthy alternative to a fried donut.
I have had huge success using Kodiak Cake’s Pancake and muffin mixes. These blueberry donuts are made with Kodiak Cakes Blueberry Lemon Muffin Mix and they turn out perfectly ever time. Just a couple simple ingredients and you have a delicious donut in a matter of minutes.
How do you make healthy baked donuts?
With the help of Kodiak Cake Pancake mix you can make healthy baked donuts in a matter of minutes without a bunch of obscure ingredients.
Just mix the pancake mix with some water and place in the donut mold. Lastly bake the donuts and top with glaze and you got yourself a healthy baked donut.
Ingredients for blueberry donuts:
You only need three ingredients for the base donut recipe! And really only two if you don’t count the cooking spray. You can also add fresh fruit to the mix like fresh or frozen blueberries if you like.
- Cooking Spray
- Kodiak Cakes Blueberry Lemon Muffin Mix
Donut glaze recipe:
The glaze recipe is just as simple as the donut recipe! You can change it up with different extracts or even add a couple of drops of food coloring to change up the color.
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
Other delicious baked donut variations:
The best part about this recipe is you can easily make it your own with different variations or glazes. These are some of my favorite variations.
How to make baked blueberry donuts:
Protein Packed Baked Blueberry Lemon Donuts
Protein packed baked donuts will change your life!
- Cooking Spray
- 1 Cup Kodiak Cakes Blueberry Lemon Muffin Mix
- 3/4 Cup Water
- Glaze (recipe follows)
- Strawberries, Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar + 1-2 Tablespoons if your frosting is very thin.
- 1-2 Tablespoons Water (start with one for a thicker glaze)
- 1/8 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray your donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine kodiak cake mix and water and stir to combine.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons into the donut molds and bake for 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Dip the cooled donut faced down into the frosting. Place on a wired rack or serving plate. Top with fresh fruit.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.