This Pumpkin Instant Pot Creme Brulee is like a silky pumpkin pie with a caramelized sugar crust. It’s the perfect way to use up your canned pumpkin and a delicious Fall dessert.
Pumpkin Instant Pot creme brulee comes out perfectly every time! I love creme brulee but actually hate having to make it in the oven.
Typically Crème Brûlée calls for a water bath and about 30-40 minutes in the oven.
With this easy Pumpkin Instant Pot Creme Brulee you literally just place the ramekins in the Instant Pot with some water and it cooks in 14 minutes. The best part? They are evenly cooked every time.
As always head to the How To Use An Instant Pot post if you need any help with your Instant Pot!
What is Creme Brulee:
Creme Brulee is a custard that is baked, chilled, and then caramelized on top to form a crunchy topping.
Add pumpkin puree, caramel and some cinnamon and you can transform an ordinary creme brulee into something special like this pumpkin variety.
I can’t wait for you to try this quick and easy Instant Pot Creme Brulee for your next dinner party or date night.
Some common questions with the recipe
What if I don’t have an Instant Pot?
You can make this recipe without an Instant Pot by cooking the creme brulee in a water bath.
What if I don’t have a kitchen torch?
If you don’t have a torch you can place the ramekins under a broiler. Make sure the rack is at the very top so the sugar will caramelized as quick as possible and the custard won’t overcook.
I have also used a kitchen lighter torch that I bought at the supermarket! These are $5.00 and work well. It just takes a little longer than a kitchen torch, but this is a convenient option if you don’t have a kitchen torch.
Just make sure when you buy the lighter that it is a torch lighter (you will see this written on the package).
How to make Creme Brulee in the Instant Pot:
- Simmer the heavy cream and vanilla bean paste in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk egg yolks with sugar until they turn a pale yellow color.
- Temper the eggs by adding a 1/4 of the cream mixture and mix to combine.
- Add the rest of the cream and stir to combine.
- Add the pumpkin puree and cinnamon.
- Strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer and then place in ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in the Instant Pot on top of the trivet and add 1 cup water to the bottom of the pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot on low pressure for 14 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes and then carefully remove the ramekins from the Instant Pot.
- Refrigerate the Crème Brûlée for at least 4 hours or overnight.
How to caramelize sugar for creme brulee:
To brûlée the tops of the Crème Brûlée, top each ramekin with a teaspoon of sugar. Using a kitchen torch, run the flame over the sugar until it starts to bubble and become golden brown. Let sit for 2 minutes and then enjoy!
If you love this dessert then try another one of my Instant Pot desserts: Chocolate Lava Cake!
Pumpkin Instant Pot Creme Brulee Recipe:
Pumpkin Creme Brulee is easy to make in the Instant Pot and turns out perfect every time.
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Tablespoons Caramel Syrup
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Granulated Sugar Per Ramekin
- Whipped Cream
- In a saucepan bring the cream and vanilla bean paste to a simmer over medium heat.
- In a mixing bowl combine egg yolks and sugar and whisk to combine until the mixture turns a pale yellow (about 5 minutes).
- Add 1 cup of the warm cream to the egg mixture and mix to combine (you are tempering the eggs).
- Add the remaining amount of cream and whisk to combine.
- Add the pumpkin, caramel and cinnamon and whisk to combine.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer and place the liquid into a large measuring cup.
- Pour the liquid 1/2 way up 8 ounce ramekins. Cover each ramekin with foil.
- Place the trivet (that comes with the Instant Pot) into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Pour 1 cup water into the pot and add the trivet.
- Place the ramekins into the pot and seal with the lid. Turn the valve to sealing and turn the Instant Pot on low pressure for 14 minutes.
- When done naturally release the pressure for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and then place the ramekins into the fridge for 5 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve sprinkle each ramekin with 1 teaspoon granulated sugar.
- With a torch brulee the top of the custard by moving the flame over the sugar until it bubbles and becomes a golden brown color.
- Top with whipped cream and serve.
*Remember to change the sealing ring in your Instant Pot before making desserts. You do not want your Crème Brûlée tasting like last night's curry!
*You can caramelize the sugar under the broiler, but I definitely recommend the torch or a torch lighter so that the Crème Brûlée does not get too hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Culinary Ramekin 12 oz Bowl (Set of 4)
Cuisinart CTG-00-3MS Set of 3 Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainers
Nielsen-Massey Pure Vanilla Bean Paste, with Gift Box, 4 ounces
Instant Pot Duo 80 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer, 8-QT, Stainless Steel/Black
Genuine Instant Pot Sealing Ring 2-Pack - 6 Quart Red/Blue
Sondiko Butane Torch, Culinary Torch Refillable Kitchen Butane Torch Lighter with Safety Lock and Adjustable Flame for Desserts, Creme Brulee, BBQ and Baking(Butane Gas Not Included)