How To Make The Best Bowls:
You can change up this recipe to fit your individual needs! I love adding extra veggies or utilizing leftovers. Choose one from each category to make a new bowl!
Starch: rice, brown rice, quinoa, potatoes, sweet potatoes
Protein: rotisserie chicken, grilled chicken, grilled steak, shrimp, hard boiled eggs
Vegetables: spinach, arugula, lettuce, roasted vegetables of choice
Toppings: sauces, condiments, herbs, salsas
Other Bowl Variations:
If you are in need of some other bowl variations try some of these ideas below. All can be meal prepped ahead of time.
Salsa Verde Rice Bowl:
salsa verde, shredded rotisserie chicken, canned beans, canned corn, pico de gallo, rice
Bruschetta Chicken Quinoa Bowl:
Pre-made bruschetta, rotisserie or grilled chicken, arugula, balsamic glaze, quinoa
Taco Rice Bowls:
Ground taco meat, lettuce, cheese, pico de gallo, rice
Southwest Chicken Bowl Recipe:
Southwest Chicken Bowl
Make this bowl as a meal prep or for a quick lunch of dinner on the go.
- 1 Packet Quinoa and Brown Rice Mix (I buy these packets that you microwave)
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1 Teaspoon Avocado Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Taco Seasoning Blend
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Corn, Thawed
- 1/4 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced in half
- 1/4 Cup Avocado, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Spinach, Roughly Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Ranch Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons Jarred Red Salsa
- Preheat a grill pan on medium high heat.
- Coat chicken in oil and season with salt and taco seasoning on both sides.
- Place on the grill pan and cook for 5-7 minutes per side or until cooked through. Set aside.
- Cook your quinoa and brown rice to package directions. Place 1 cup in your serving bowl.
- Prepare all your toppings.
- Cut the chicken into cubes and place on top of your quinoa and brown rice. Top with corn, tomatoes, avocado, spinach and cheese.
- Combine ranch dressing and salsa together in a small mixing bowl and drizzle desired amount over your bowl.
- Stir to combine and serve.