Bright, sweet, and little tart, these homemade lemon bars are so delightful and can’t be any more perfect!
I don’t think there is any better way to enjoy spring and summer than with a plate of lemon bars. Since it feels like spring or summer most of the year in California, lemon bars are frequent flyers in my house. I’m definitely not complaining about that!
Friends, lemon is one of my favorite citrus fruits!
I really love everything about them: their shape, scent, texture, color, and most especially how versatile these little things are. Gimme me all the lemons in every way imaginable! I’ve even started to grow my own little lemon tree! Wish me luck!!
Have you ever used lemon infused olive oil? If not, I highly recommend doing so. It really adds a brightness and zesty dimension to your dishes.
Some of my favorite lemon themed recipes are:
This recipe is by far my favorite way to make homemade lemon bars. Easy. Simple. Quick.
What makes these lemon bars unique is that they are made with just three ingredients!
(Feel free to go above and beyond and make everything homemade. I just don’t have the patience for that!)
Let’s look at the star players in this recipe!
Ingredients for Easy Lemon Bars:
Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough: This is probably my favorite hack in this recipe.
Using pre-made sugar cookie dough is the way to go. Doesn’t matter which brand you use in this recipe, so go ahead and use your favorite!
Lemon Curd: Nothing compares to homemade lemon curd. Am I right?
Sure, an hour or two could be spent preparing homemade lemon curd. But honestly, I’d rather spend that time eating these easy lemon bars.
Bring in store-bought lemon curd. It has the perfect amount of sweet and tart. Perfect for lemon bars.
Fresh Berries: The perfect topping for these lemon bars. Use whatever is in season where you live.
Try different combinations, too! Add a slice of mango, pineapple, and kiwi for a tropical lemon bar. Or top with a boysenberry and an orange segment for an exquisite burst of flavor.
Use your imagination! The possibilities are endless!
Share these satisfying lemon bars any chance you get! It’s such a good lemon recipe and is so easy to make, not mention delicious, too!
Easy 3 Ingredient Lemon Bars with Fresh Berries
Quick and easy lemon bars with only 3 ingredients!
- Cooking spray
- 1 Package Premade Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 (12.7 ounce) Jar Lemon Curd (if it’s less than 12 ounces use 2 jars)
- 1 ½ Cups Fresh Berries (sliced strawberries and raspberries)
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the sugar cookie dough in the baking dish and spread evenly, using your fingers to gently press the dough.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until dough is cooked. Cool completely. You can place in the fridge to speed up the process.
- When the crust is completely cooled, spread the lemon curd evenly on top, creating a smooth, even layer.
- Place in the fridge until you are ready to serve. When ready to serve, top with fresh berries and powdered sugar and cut into 9 even pieces.
Try different combinations, such as a slice of mango, pineapple, and kiwi or top with a boysenberry and an orange segment!