These steakhouse mushrooms with sherry are the perfect side dish for a steak dinner. I am telling you right now you could just eat these mushrooms for dinner and be satisfied.
Steakhouse mushrooms are braised in sherry cooking wine with garlic and butter. They are soft and buttery and full of flavor.
Serve these as an easy side dish for a date-night-in or they go perfectly with any type of steak. This is actually how this recipe came about!
We had a fun Valentine’s Day dinner with some friends this year and I wanted to re-create a steakhouse meal. I love ordering steakhouse mushrooms from Ruth’s Chris and I wanted to add them to the menu for our romantic date-night- in.
I literally just threw some ingredients into the sautéed mushrooms and deglazed the pan with a little sherry cooking wine. Hence this delicious recipe was born!
What Kind Of Mushrooms To Use:
You could really use any mushrooms for this recipe, but the traditional steakhouse mushroom would be button or crimini mushrooms.
This recipe would also go great with a fancier mushroom like a chanterelle or oyster mushroom.
How To Clean Mushrooms:
Mushrooms are like little sponges. It is important you clean them properly so they do not retain excess moisture. Although if you do run them under water you can cook the mushrooms a little longer to let the excess moisture evaporate.
To clean the mushrooms simply wipe them down with a wet paper towel. Remove the stems for this recipe as well.
You can also brush them off with a mushroom cleaning brush if desired.
What to Serve With Steakhouse Mushrooms:
These mushrooms are a perfect side for this steakhouse dinner. They are rich and buttery and go perfectly with the menu below.
Steakhouse Mushroom Recipe:
- 4 tablespoons butter, split
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sherry cooking wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flat leaf Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Wipe the mushrooms with a wet paper towel and remove the stems.
- In a large saute pan heated over medium heat add 2 tablespoons butter and shallot. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cleaned mushrooms and saute for 5-7 minutes.
- When the mushrooms have browned slightly add the sherry cooking wine.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Top with parsley and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 235mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g