Baby Boy Shower Table decor idea for $20. Entertaining doesn’t have to be expensive. Use these simple tips and tricks to entertain on a budget without sacrificing creativity.
I recently threw a shower for one of my dear friends for her new baby boy that is on his way. She wanted an intimate shower so we got 10 close friends together and had a blast!
Table scapes are one of my favorite things to do because you don’t have to spend a lot of money and you can use what you have on hand. If you have kids of your own, this one will be super easy! I literally gathered my kids toys together and used some of my favorites for the table. I used some fabric that I had on hand and folded it to make a runner and then simply bought some pretty flowers in the same color palate at Trader Joe’s and placed them into mason jars.
Here are my top tips for throwing an epic party without breaking the bank:
- Use what you have on hand: Think toys for baby showers or kitchen utensils for bridal showers. I always use what I have in my house to throw together a theme.
- Go to the goodwill or thrift store to grab things you can repurpose: The little wooden animals we used for this event were found at a garage sale and the trains were found at our local goodwill. Each of these items were $1.
- Invest in a couple simple pieces that you can use over and over again: I love my white plates from World Market and my Ball mason jars from Target. I use these for tons of events. I also love buying fabric from Joannes that I cut into runners and can use for multiple themes as well.
- Minimal Flowers: I love using flowers for events but they can get expensive. I use flowers like hydrangeas for fullness. You can buy a couple bouquets at Trader Joe’s for around $5.99 and get a couple arrangements out of them. I also love using plants or foliage from my yard. If you have roses cut a couple stems and supplement to add fullness to your arrangements.
- Utilize fresh herbs or potted herbs for multiple uses: I love adding fresh herbs to dishes to not only make them taste delicious, but also for garnishes. You can use the left overs to place in your flower arrangements.
- Serve family style: Buffet items can be made in bulk and is much more affordable than plated items. Plus it’s so much easier for the host!
Simple as that! We had a blast and stayed within a budget. You can always use this to get your own inspiration. If you don’t have kids on your own you can always buy some cheap toys that you can “gift” to the person you are throwing the shower for.
It can literally be her gift and also the decoration.