Easy homemade healthy chicken tortilla soup that tastes better than the restaurant! This simple soup only takes 20 minutes to make!
This healthy healthy chicken tortilla soup is super easy and super delicious! It’s perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
If you are looking for an easy recipe on a chilly night this is it. It’s quick to make and a healthy dinner option to feed your family.
This soup is a broth based tortilla soup recipe which makes it much healthier than many other chicken tortilla soup recipes. I put the tortilla chips on top instead of inside the soup.
Can I Make This Soup Creamy?
To make this soup creamy you can add about a cup of crunched up tortilla chips to the soup before covering.
After adding the tortilla chips and cooking the soup you can also add some heavy cream for a richer option.
Toppings For Soup:
The toppings are a must for this soup! Therefore go crazy with toppings if you want! The toppings add so much flavor and texture.
I love topping the soup with creamy avocado, crunchy tortilla chips and cheese. But feel free to top the soup with whatever you like.
Another great tip for soup is to double the recipe and place the left overs in soup containers. I freeze mine and then have soup whenever I want.
If you are looking for some more soup ideas check out this Easy Lasagna Soup or Best Butternut Squash Soup.
Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe:
Yield: Serves 4
Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Easy homemade chicken tortilla soup that tastes better than the restaurant! This simple soup only takes 20 minutes to make!
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1 Cup Carrots, Peeled and Diced
- 1 Cup Celery, Diced
- 1 Cup Onion, Diced
- 2 Cups Rotisserie Chicken, Shredded
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 (14.5) Ounce Can Diced Tomato
- 1 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips or Tortilla Strips (The hint of lime ones are amazing)
- Avocado, Diced
- Cilantro, Leaves
- Lime Wedges
- Cotija Cheese or shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large stockpot over medium heat add the oil.
- Add the carrots, celery and onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, chicken broth, tomato and seasonings. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Top with toppings of your choice. Enjoy!