These easy Christmas Ice Cream cookies take baked Christmas cookies to a whole new level! Combine Chocolate Peppermint cookies with mint ice cream.
Here is Los Angeles there is a little place called Diddy Riese. They sell ice cream sandwiches for $1.50 and the line is always outside the door and around the corner. People love that they can choose which cookie and ice cream they want for their sandwich and that it’s so stinking cheap. Not to mention they are so yummy!
I thought about making my own ice cream sandwiches for Christmas this year and these festive treats are sure to be a crowd pleaser! You start by making double chocolate peppermint cookies and end by combining them with your favorite flavor of ice-cream (personally I like to stick to holiday flavors like peppermint and mint chip).
These easy Christmas Ice Cream cookies take baked Christmas cookies to a whole new level!
- 1 Cup Butter Flavored Crisco or Butter
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Dark Cocoa Powder
- 2 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Ghirardelli Peppermint White Chocolate Chips
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Peppermint Ice Cream
- Preheat the oven to 410 degrees.
- In a stand mixer cream together the crisco and sugars until completely combined and smooth.
- Add one egg in at a time and mix together. Add cocoa powder, flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt and mix to combine.
- Mix in chocolate chips and peppermint chocolate chips. Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Scoop out 1/2 cup dough mixture and place on a parchment lined baking sheet (cookies will be large).
- Bake for 11 minutes. Let cool.
- *To make ice cream sandwiches place mint chip ice cream on one side of a cookie and peppermint on the other side of the cookie. Top with another cookie to form a sandwich.
With Christmas around the corner you’re probably on the hunt for more Christmas recipes. I’ve got quite a few after years of experimenting and creating the best holiday flavors. I love these baked Christmas donuts and you can never go wrong with Ranch Buffalo Holiday Mix.