These easy pumpkin pie bars are the perfect Thanksgiving dessert that isn’t a pie! They are super easy to cook and taste just as good as baking a pie!
I am all about pumpkin right now but not a huge fan of pumpkin pie. These easy pumpkin pie bars are so delicious and easy! You don’t even have to make pie dough. It’s the perfect dessert to bring to your Thanksgiving get together and you can make it ahead of time.
I love combining traditional recipes with a little something new. For these bars I add orange zest and maple syrup and it totally transforms the flavor! Can’t wait for you to try them out.
I love experimenting and creating the perfect Thanksgiving dessert! Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and The Best Pumpkin Ice Cream Dessert: Pumpkin Chocolate Ice Cream Bars are two of my favorite shareable desserts! If you want to see what I’m cooking up in real time for this year’s holiday, Instagram is the place to be for all of my latest recipes!
These easy pumpkin pie bars are the perfect easy Thanksgiving dessert recipe! They taste just as good as a pumpkin pie, but are so much easier to cook and eat!
- 1 Pound Pre-Packaged Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Orange Zest
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place sugar cookie dough in a 9×9 baking dish in one even layer (pressing down with your fingers to cover the whole pan). Push the dough up the sides slightly as well. Using a fork, poke holes all over the cookie dough. Bake for 10 minutes (dough will not be fully cooked) and remove from the oven, let cool.
- Combine brown sugar, flour and salt in a bowl. Set aside. Combine eggs, pumpkin, milk, maple syrup, orange zest, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon and whisk until well combined. Add the mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into the cooled par-baked cookie dough crust just until it reaches the top (leave a slight edge as your crust). *You will have extra mix which you can make mini pumpkin pies with if desired. Bake for 20 minutes or until just set. Refrigerate for 4 hours. Cut into 9 equal squares and serve with whipped cream.