Need a comforting winter dinner that is even good for company? Try my Instant Pot Coq Au Vin! This is a fan favorite and so delicious.
This Instant Pot Coq Au Vin cuts down the traditional cooking time of Coq Au Vin by 3 hours! It's elegant enough for entertaining too!
- 3/4 Cup Applewood Smoked Bacon (about 5 slices), Chopped Small
- 4 Pieces Bone-In, Skin On Chicken Thighs (about 1.5 - 2 pounds)
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic, Minced
- 1 Cup White Onion, Diced Small
- 2 Cups Carrots, Peeled, Chopped 1 Inch
- 2 Cups Mushrooms, Cut in Quarters
- 2 Cups Potatoes, Cut in 1 Inch Chunks
- 1/2 Cup Red Cooking Wine or Red Wine
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1/2 +1/4 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Heaping Tablespoon Corn Starch
- 2 Tablespoons Water
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes:
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower, Cut Into Small fFlorets
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Turn your Instant Pot on saute mode. Cook the bacon until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place in the Instant Pot, skin side down in the bacon grease. Sear for 5 minutes or until the skin is browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot (except for cornstarch and water) including the cooked bacon. Stir to combine and seal lid my moving the valve to sealing. Place on manual, high pressure for 40 minutes.
- When the pressure has released, remove the lid.
- Turn the Instant Pot back on to saute mode.
- In a small mixing bowl combine corn starch with water to make a slurry. Stir into the coq au vin and stir to combine.
- Let simmer for 4 minutes to thicken sauce.
- Serve over cauliflower mashed potatoes (recipe below).
- Place cauliflower in a saucepan and cover with water. Place on the stove over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the cauliflower is very soft.
- Drain the cauliflower and return to the pot.
- Add butter, salt, pepper, and thyme leaves and mash with potato masher or blend in a food processor until smooth.
To make cauliflower mashed potatoes:
You can also serve over mashed potatoes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.