These easy no-rise cinnamon rolls are super quick to make and come with a delicious cream cheese frosting! Warm, gooey and better than the Cinnabon recipe!
How to Make This Recipe:
- Activate the yeast with warm water and add oil and sugar.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Roll out the dough.
- Make the filling and spread it evenly onto the dough.
- Roll the dough to form a large log.
- Cut the the dough to make rolls.
- Place in a greased pan.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the rolls are baking make the frosting by combining creaming the butter and cream cheese together. Then add other ingredients and mix to combine.
- Spread the frosting over the warm cinnamon rolls and serve.
How To Activate Yeast:
Activating dry yeast requires one thing; warm water or milk. I like to feed my yeast with a little sugar as well which can help speed up the process and feed the yeast. It is important that your yeast is fresh and not expired. Make sure your liquid is not too hot or cold. It should be the like a baby’s bath water temperature.
I don’t worry about taking the temperature of the liquid, just make sure its warm to the touch. If your yeast does not bubble just start over with a new batch.
Here is what your yeast should look like before and after activation.
Once your yeast has been activated it’s time to add the dry ingredients.
How to make cinnamon rolls in the Instant Pot:
Simply follow the recipe up until you get to the baking section. Place 6 rolls in a cake pan that can fit inside the instant pot. I use an 8 inch cake pan for my 8 quart Instant Pot. Cover the pan with a paper towel to catch any excess moisture and then cover with foil. Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the insert and place the cake pan on a trivet inside the pot. Cover with the lid and move the valve to the sealing position. Cook on manual high pressure for 23 minutes. Release the pressure manually by carefully moving the valve to venting. Then top with cream cheese frosting.
How to reheat cinnamon rolls:
You have these amazing cinnamon rolls but don’t want to eat all of them in one sitting. No problem! You can reheat the rolls by microwaving for 20-30 seconds if they have frosting on them already. You don’t want to place the rolls in the oven after that have been frosted. If you did not frost all of the rolls you can warm them in the oven at 350 for 5 minutes and then top with leftover frosting.
Can you freeze cinnamon rolls?
You can freeze unfrosted baked cinnamon rolls by placing them in an airtight container. When you are ready to reheat the rolls let them thaw in the fridge the night before and pop them in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes or until warmed through. Then top with fresh icing or cream cheese frosting.
How to Make No Rise Cinnamon Rolls:
- 1 3/4 Cups Warm Water
- 3 Tablespoons Dry Active Yeast
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil (+2 Tablespoons to smear on counter)
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Tablespoon Salt
- 5 1/4 Cup Bread Flour
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 3 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Butter, At Room Temperature
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, At Room Temperature
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Bean Paste
- In an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook mix the first four ingredients together. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and turn on low for 2-4 minutes until dough is silky (It will be a little sticky) DO NOT LET RISE!
- Smear oil on counter and roll out the dough to form a large rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick. Spread the softened butter on the dough. Top with brown sugar and cinnamon. Lightly press the filling down.
- Starting on the end closest to your body, roll and pinch to form a seam. Continue to roll the dough until a long log forms.
- With a bench scraper, cut the log in half and then cut each half in half until you have 16 large rolls or 24 small rolls. Place in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Let rise 10 minutes while the oven preheats to 400 degrees F. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool and top with cream cheese frosting (recipe follows).
- In an electric mixer cream butter and cream cheese together until well combined.
- Add powdered sugar and turn on to the lowest setting to avoid powdered sugar getting everywhere.
- Add vanilla. Spread evenly over the rolls.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.