Get ready to savor this easy Puff Pastry Pot Pie featuring Instant Pot Beef Stew. When combined with delectable puff pastry cups, it’s a delicious, family-friendly recipe.
Introducing Instant Pot Beef Stew in Puff Pastry Cups! I created this recipe to, yes, bring comfort food straight to your kitchen, but to also make beef stew just a little bit easier.
Beef stew is an easy, weeknight comfort food that is made in minutes using the Instant Pot!
- 1 Tablespoon Butter or Oil
- 1 Pound Beef Stew Meat
- Kosher Salt and Pepper, to Taste
- 2 Cups Carrots, Diced
- 2 Cups Potato, Large Dice
- 1 Packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 (14 OZ) Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Red Cooking Wine
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch Mixed with 2 Tablespoons Water
- ½ Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Package Frozen Puff Pastry Cups
- Turn your Instant Pot on to the sauté mode. Pat the meat with a paper towel to dry any excess moisture. Season stew meat with salt and pepper on all sides. Add the butter or oil to the pot and sear the stew meat until golden brown on all sides.
- Add carrots, potatoes, Lipton Soup mix, diced tomatoes, wine, and thyme. Turn the Instant Pot to "Meat/Stew" mode, then seal and cook.
- Cook the puff pastry cups according to package directions.
- When the stew is done, remove the lid using the quick release method (manually turning the vent to "venting"). Remove the lid and turn the Instant Pot back on to sauté mode. Mix together the cornstarch and water in a small cup and add to the stew mixture. Add peas and stir for 3 minutes.
- Remove the middle of the puff pastry cups.
- Serve stew in the puff pastry cups.
It is important to dry the meat off before searing. If excess moisture is left on the meat, it will steam and not get a nice sear.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.