This Instant Pot Taco Pasta recipe is a family favorite! The Instant Pot is the perfect, easy way to feed your family! Throw in some pasta, beef, and vegetables and you have a quick, easy Instant Pot Taco Pasta dinner.
Honestly, it’s astonishing how easily and quickly this Instant Pot taco pasta can feed your family. With Instant Pot pasta recipes your family can be fed quickly. Especially with this Instant Pot Taco Pasta dish that has become a family favorite in our house.
Plus, the kids love it, and I do too! You can mix up the sauces, seasonings, and pasta shapes so the recipe never gets old. I love that it’s a one-pot meal; you can even brown the meat straight in the Instant Pot using the “sauté” mode before adding the pasta and cooking it together.
Instant Pot FAQs:
How do you cook pasta in an Instant Pot?
Take a look at our Instant Pot recipe below for a detailed example. We recommend turning the vent to “sealing” and cooking the pasta on manual for three minutes with your broth and/or seasoning of choice.
Just as you need liquids when cooking pasta on the stove, you need liquids for the Instant Pot, too. When the five minutes are done, manually release the pressure and make sure the pasta is cooked to your taste. Stir in any cheeses and toppings, and that’s it!
How does an Instant Pot work?
Instant Pots use high pressure and high temperatures to rapidly cook your food. It is an amazing way to cook foods in just a matter of minutes that typically would take long periods of time.
What is the best Instant Pot?
There are many different versions and brands of pressure cookers out there. Look at a variety of options to get the best one for you.
How do you know when the pasta is done?
After about five minutes of cooking manually, release the pressure and check the pasta. Most pasta types will be ready after five minutes, but some might need a bit more time. To continue cooking pasta in the Instant Pot after checking it, simply turn on the sauté mode and cook to desired doneness.
Are Instant Pots hard to clean?
No, it’s easy to clean! Place the insert on the bottom rack of the dishwasher and the lid on the top rack. Check out this video for some more cleaning hacks.
Do you have other Instant Pot recipes?
Take a look at one of my favorite Instant Pot pasta recipes below! This recipe is part of my Fall Supper Club — a built-out seasonal meal plan with grocery lists and quick, family-friendly recipes for breakfast, dinner, dessert, and snacks, too! Snag your free trial here.
How to Make Instant Pot Taco Pasta:
What is so great about this quick and easy Instant Pot recipe is you cook everything in the Instant Pot. Here is hot to make Instant Pot Taco Pasta.
- Brown the ground beef.
- Add taco seasoning and tomatoes, salsa, chicken stock and pasta.
- Cook on manual high pressure.
- Stir in cheese.
- Top with toppings of choice.
Instant Pot Taco Pasta Recipe:
Easy, Instant Pot Taco Pasta is the perfect family-friendly weeknight dinner. This quick recipe only takes 7 ingredients and 25 minutes to make!
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 (28 OZ) Can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Teaspoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 ½ Cups Jarred Red Salsa
- 3 Cups Medium Shell Pasta
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- Avocado, Diced
- Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- Cilantro, Torn
- Pickled Jalapeño
- Extra Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
1. Turn the Instant Pot on sauté mode. Brown the ground beef, breaking it up with a spatula until meat is cooked and browned.
2. Add the diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, salsa, pasta, and chicken stock (great job for kids). Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the vent to "sealing". Cook on manual for 3 minutes.
3. Manually release pressure by turning the valve to venting. Remove lid when pressure has release and stir in cheddar cheese.
4. Serve in serving bowls and add toppings of choice.
1. Brown the ground beef in a large, cast iron skillet. Add the tomatoes, taco seasoning, and salsa.
2. Cook pasta to package directions. Drain and combine with meat mixture. Add cheese and toss to combine. Add optional toppings.
*You can also use ground chicken or turkey instead of ground beef.
*Change up the shapes of the pasta to make it fun and creative for kids.
*Be sure to use a mild salsa if you have young kids. If you are worried about spiciness, substitute tomato sauce for salsa.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Amount Per Serving: Calories: 497Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 975mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 37g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate. Various toppings and quantities will change nutritional information.