Salsa Verde Tacos only take 10 minutes to make and are a family favorite! They are gluten free and are the perfect quick dinner idea.
One of my favorite 10 minute meals are these salsa verde tacos. They are so easy to make and are a great way to get dinner on the table when you really don’t have time to cook.
This recipe also works great for those hot Summer days when you don’t want to turn on your oven or heat up the house. There is an option to heat up the chicken in the microwave instead of the oven in the recipe card below.
In just under 10 minutes you can make a healthy, delicious meal to feed your family. Ready to make these salsa verde tacos? Let’s get cooking!
Ingredients For Salsa Verde Tacos:
Rotisserie Chicken: The magic of 10 minute meals is to use rotisserie chicken. You can even make this a 5 minute meal if your rotisserie chicken is already warm.
Rotisserie chicken tip. Remove the meat from the rotisserie chicken while right when you bring it home from the store. It’s much easier to remove the meat when it’s still warm.
Salsa Verde: I love the salsa verde from Trader Joe’s. You can use any salsa verde that you have on hand or use red salsa as well.
Cheddar Cheese: You can also use pepper jack cheese or your favorite cheese of choice.
Pico De Gallo: I love to just buy pre-made pico de gallo. Again Trader Joe’s sells a great pre-made pico de gallo option.
Corn Tortillas: You can use flour tortillas as well. I love the corn tortillas for an easy gluten free option.
Other 10 Minute Meals:
These are some of my favorite 10 minute meals!
If you love 10 minute meals to feed your family make sure you check out our 10 Minute Meals Cookbook.
Tips For 10 Minute Meals:
When you are in a hurry or you just need to whip up something fast to feed your family these tips will help you make a meal in under 10 minutes.
- Use rotisserie chicken:
- Try to utilize jarred sauces or salsa:
- Grab the frozen rice or quinoa:
- Utilize frozen vegetables:
- Cut meat or protein really thin:
- Cook at high temperatures: Stir fry or sautéing work great for 10 minute meals. Cooking at higher temperatures will cook your food fast.
How To Make Salsa Verde Tacos:
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, Shredded
- 1 Jar Salsa Verde
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Pre-made Pico De Gallo
- 1 Avocado, Diced
- Combine the rotisserie chicken with salsa and either microwave for 1-2 minutes to warm through or place in an oven safe baking dish and place under the broiler for 2-5 minutes to warm through (be careful to stir occasionally to prevent burning).
- Warm the tortillas by wrapping them in a wet paper towel and microwaving for 1 minute.
- Prepare the toppings.
- To serve add the chicken and toppings to the tortillas.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 277mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g