This soft pretzel bar is perfect for a wedding or a party. Deliciously fluffy, salty and soft these pretzels will be a show stopper.
If you need some fun, cheap wedding food inspiration this soft pretzel bar is all you need! This station is easy to create and a total show stopper. The delicious soft pretzel rolls taste just like a copycat Aunt Annie’s pretzel and the topping bar makes for a fun DIY food station.
I recently catered my brother’s wedding and we needed an easy food station with finger foods to have as a cocktail hour appetizer. We decided this pretzel station was the perfect food to serve as people waited to go into the reception area.
Having a cocktail hour was perfect for this backyard wedding because it allowed us to switch over the ceremony site to the reception.
I needed something that I could make ahead of time and quickly heat up and put out without any prep time. This soft pretzel recipe is perfect to make the day before and quickly reheat in a 300 degree oven when you are ready to serve.
Wedding Food Station:
I love food stations for wedding receptions because it makes for a beautiful set up and helps get guests involved. Here are some of my favorite wedding food station ideas for receptions or parties. You can check out a bunch more ideas here.
Wedding Food Ideas:
- Italian Soda Bar
- Popcorn Bar
- Taco Bar
- Waffle Bar
- Pasta Bar
- Cheese Bar
- Sushi Bar
- Mashed Potato Bar
- Churro Bar
- Mini Pie Bar
- Candy Bar
- Donut Bar
- Ice Cream Sandwich Bar
- Build Your Own Cupcake Bar
- Smore’s Bar
Soft Pretzel Bar Set Up:
Here is how to set up a soft pretzel bar with everything you need to make it a success.
- Set out a 6 foot table, boxes for height, table cloth and a pretzel stand.
- Make your soft pretzels and pretzel bites.
- Fill your dipping sauces in mini mason jars or bowls and store in the refrigerator.
- Reheat the pretzels on a foil lined baking sheet at 350 for 5 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter and season with salt.
- Place the pretzels on the hooks.
- Set out all your dipping sauces.
Easy Soft Pretzel Recipe:
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Active Yeast
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Milk, Warm
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, Diced
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Cups Water
- 1/4 Cups Baking Soda
- ½ Cup Butter, Melted
- Kosher Salt or Flaked Sea Salt (I recommend Maldon Salt)
- Place the yeast and brown sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Warm the milk, but make sure it is not hot or it will kill your yeast.
- Add the milk to the yeast mixture, stir and let sit for 10 minutes to activate the yeast. The yeast should look foamy when activated.
- When the yeast is activated add the butter, 1 cup of flour, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the other cup of flour and stir to combine. The dough may be a little sticky and that is okay. Cover the dough with a towel and let sit in a warm place for 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grab about 1/2 cup of dough. Roll into a long log. Take the two ends and twist and place in the middle of the log to create a pretzel. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Mix water and baking soda in a shallow dish. Dip the pretzels into the water and place back onto the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, brush with melted butter, and sprinkle with salt. Serve warm.
You can also make these into pretzel bites.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.