Are you using your Instant Pot to make delicious desserts? If not then you are missing out! Today is the day to try it with my easy Instant Pot Creme Brulee recipe! It is only 5 ingredients and perfect for any occasion!
Instant Pot creme brulee comes out perfectly every time! I love creme brulee but actually hate having to make it in the oven. Typically Crème Brûlée calls for a water bath and about 30-40 minutes in the oven.
With this easy Instant Pot Creme Brulee you literally just place the ramekins in the Instant Pot with some water and it cooks in 14 minutes. The best part? They are evenly cooked every time.
Creme Brulee is a custard that is baked, chilled, and then caramelized on top to form a crunchy topping. I can’t wait for you to try this quick and easy Instant Pot Creme Brulee for your next dinner party or date night.
Some common questions with the recipe:
Why use vanilla bean paste?
I LOVE vanilla bean paste. I use it exactly how I would vanilla extract and substitute one for one. The vanilla bean paste allows you to easily add the vanilla caviar without having to buy the whole vanilla pod. It adds amazing vanilla flavor and allows you to see beautiful vanilla beans running through the custard.
What if I don’t have a kitchen torch?
If you don’t have a torch you can place the ramekins under a broiler. Make sure the rack is at the very top so the sugar will caramelized as quick as possible and the custard won’t overcook.
I have also used a kitchen lighter torch that I bought at the supermarket! These are $5.00 and work well. It just takes a little longer than a kitchen torch, but this is a convenient option if you don’t have a kitchen torch. Just make sure when you buy the lighter that it is a torch lighter (you will see this written on the package).
How to make Creme Brulee in the Instant Pot:
Simmer the heavy cream and vanilla bean paste in a saucepan over medium heat.
Whisk egg yolks with sugar until they turn a pale yellow color.
Temper the eggs by adding a 1/4 of the cream mixture and mix to combine.
Add the rest of the cream and stir to combine.
Strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer and then place in ramekins.
Place the ramekins in the Instant Pot on top of the trivet and add 1 cup water to the bottom of the pot.
Turn the Instant Pot on low pressure for 14 minutes.
Let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes and then carefully remove the ramekins from the Instant Pot.
Refrigerate the Crème Brûlée for at least 4 hours or overnight.
How to caramelize sugar for creme brulee:
To brûlée the tops of the Crème Brûlée, top each ramekin with a teaspoon of sugar. Using a kitchen torch, run the flame over the sugar until it starts to bubble and become golden brown. Let sit for 2 minutes and then enjoy!
If you love this dessert then try another one of my Instant Pot desserts: Chocolate Lava Cake!
How to make Instant pot creme brulee:
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 1 Teaspoon Granulated Sugar Per Ramekin
- Fresh Berries
- In a saucepan bring the cream and vanilla bean paste to a simmer over medium heat.
- In a mixing bowl combine egg yolks and sugar and whisk to combine until the mixture turns a pale yellow (about 5 minutes).
- Add 1 cup of the warm cream to the egg mixture and mix to combine (you are tempering the eggs).
- Add the remaining amount of cream and whisk to combine.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer and place the liquid into a large measuring cup.
- Pour the liquid 1/2 way up 8 ounce ramekins. Cover each ramekin with foil.
- Place the trivet (that comes with the Instant Pot) into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Pour 1 cup water into the pot and add the trivet.
- Place the ramekins into the pot and seal with the lid. Turn the valve to sealing and turn the Instant Pot on low pressure for 14 minutes.
- When done naturally release the pressure for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and then place the ramekins into the fridge for 5 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve sprinkle each ramekin with 1 teaspoon granulated sugar.
- With a torch brulee the top of the custard by moving the flame over the sugar until it bubbles and becomes a golden brown color.
- Top with fresh berries and serve.
*Remember to change the sealing ring in your Instant Pot before making desserts. You do not want your Crème Brûlée tasting like last night's curry!
*You can caramelize the sugar under the broiler, but I definitely recommend the torch or a torch lighter so that the Crème Brûlée does not get too hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Culinary Ramekin 12 oz Bowl (Set of 4)
Cuisinart CTG-00-3MS Set of 3 Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainers
Nielsen-Massey Pure Vanilla Bean Paste, with Gift Box, 4 ounces
Instant Pot Duo 80 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer, 8-QT, Stainless Steel/Black
Genuine Instant Pot Sealing Ring 2-Pack - 6 Quart Red/Blue
Sondiko Butane Torch, Culinary Torch Refillable Kitchen Butane Torch Lighter with Safety Lock and Adjustable Flame for Desserts, Creme Brulee, BBQ and Baking(Butane Gas Not Included)