Instant Pot Corned Beef With Braised Cabbage is the perfect traditional St. Patrick’s Day dinner to make for your family.
What is corned beef?
Corned beef is a salt cured beef brisket. It’s seasoned with flavorings and cured in a salt brine. It yields a pinkish meat from the nitrates added to cure the meat.
Do I rinse corned beef before cooking?
Where do you buy corned beef?
The perfect St. Patrick’s Day menu:
Ways to serve corned beef:
I love serving corned beef with the braised cabbage recipe below, but another great idea is to use the leftovers in a grilled cheese or hot sandwich. Shave the corned beef very thin, top with sauerkraut and add some delicious provolone cheese. Sandwich it all in between some rye bread and you got a winner.
How to Make Instant Pot Corned Beef:
The ultimate St. Patrick's Day recipe.
- Corned Beef (Store Bought)
For The Cabbage:
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 Cups Cabbage, Shredded
- 2 Cups Purple Cabbage, Shredded
- 1 Cup Carrots, Shredded
- 1/4 Teaspoon Caraway Seed
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Place your corned beef in the Instant Pot and set on manual high pressure for 50 minutes.
- When the time is up manually turn the valve to venting to release pressure.
- When pressure has released open the lid and remove the corned beef. Slice in thin slices.
- In a large sauté pan preheated over medium heat add butter to melt.
- Add both cabbages and carrots and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add caraway seeds, salt and vinegar and cover for 5 minutes. Remove lid, stir and serve with corned beef.
For the Braised Cabbage:
You can also do this a slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.