This is the best lobster macaroni and cheese and it’s surprisingly easy to make and takes less than 25 minutes to make.
This lobster macaroni and cheese has creamy mac and cheese, chunks of buttery lobster, earthy truffle butter and a crispy panko crust to top it all off. This elegant, yet easy mac and cheese is the perfect way to show someone you love them!
If you are scared to use lobster watch the video to know how to easily get the meat out of the shell. You can also substitute shrimp for if you really don’t want to use lobster.
The truffle butter adds huge flavor. You can buy this at most major grocery stores or find it on amazon (link is in the recipe).
You can also make this recipe ahead of time, put it into ramekins and reheat when you are ready to serve. It pairs perfectly with a grilled filet and some roasted vegetables.
If you love this recipe then check out my Vegan Mac and Cheese Recipe!
Rich and creamy lobster mac and cheese is perfect for an in home date night!
- 3 Tablespoons Truffle Butter
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 Cups Milk
- (8 Ounces) 2 Lobster Tails (check out the video to see how to remove the meat from the shell)
- 2 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 2 Cups Quattro Formaggio Cheese (From Trader Joe's) or Italian Cheese Blend
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Pound Cavatappi Pasta, Cooked to Package Directions
- 2 Tablespoons Truffle Butter
- 1/3 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley, Chopped Fine
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Melt the truffle butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the milk and stir to combine. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the lobster pieces and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese, Italian cheese blend, pasta and salt.
- Turn the broiler on high.
- Make the topping by melting the butter in a small bowl. Add panko bread crumbs and parsley and stir to combine.
- Top the mac and cheese with the bread crumbs and then place under the broiler just until the bread crumbs start to become golden about 2-5 minutes.
Check out the video to see how to easily remove the lobster meat from the shell.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.