These easy, caramel apple cookies are a great fall snack, filled with all of your favorite fall flavors! It’s like eating a caramel apple, but so much less messy!
The other day I was craving caramel apples and had these amazing, new Ghirardelli Caramel Chips at home, so I decided to make salted caramel apple cookies instead!
Guess what? They were so delicious that I am still thinking about them! Seriously, you must put these cookies on your to-do list this week! The cookies turned out simply delectable; they were soft, chewy, and full of my favorite caramel apple flavors. Even better, they are so much less messy than the traditional caramel apple!
This is a great recipe to make cookies for Halloween or Thanksgiving! This cookie recipe will be your new best friend!
Salted Caramel Apple Cookies
These easy, caramel apple cookies are a great fall snack, filled with all of your favorite fall flavors! It's like eating a caramel apple, but so much less messy!
- 1 Cup Butter Flavored Crisco
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup Cinnamon Apple Sauce
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Flour
- ½ Cup Oatmeal
- ¾ Cup Caramel Chips
- Maldon Sea Salt flakes
- In a large mixing bowl combine Crisco with sugars. Mix with a spatula or wooden spoon to combine and create a creamy consistency.
- Add apple sauce and stir to combine.
- Add cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour. Mix until a dough forms.
- Add oats and caramel chips. Stir to combine. Place the dough in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place golf ball sized scoops of dough on the sheet. You should be able to fit about 9 cookies on each cookie sheet. Top with a pinch of Maldon Sea Salt Flakes.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from the oven. Enjoy!
TIP: By mixing the cookie dough from hand, you create a thicker cookie. You can also make this in a mixer, but the cookie may turn out a little flatter after cooked.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Reynolds Kitchens Non-Stick Baking Parchment Paper Sheets - 12x16 Inch, 22 Count
TeamFar Baking Sheet Cookie Sheet Set of 2, Pure Stainless Steel baking Pan Tray Professional, Non Toxic & Healthy, Mirror Finish & Rust Free, Easy Clean & Dishwasher Safe
Maldon Salt Company, Sea Salt Flakes,(240 gram box), 0.53 Pound (1 Count)