This coveted gingerdoodle cookie is one for the books my friends. It’s the perfect cross between a gingersnap cookie, gingerbread cookie, and a snickerdoodle cookie. Add this cookie to your Christmas cookie repertoire this year. I promise everyone will love them!
What Is A Gingerdoodle:
Gingerdoodles are a cross between a gingersnap, gingerbread and snickerdoodle cookies. They have the beautiful flavors of cinnamon and molasses and are perfect for the Fall or Winter.
How To Make Gingerdoodle Cookie:
I recommend using a stand mixer for this recipe. You can stir by hand, but just make sure to cream together the butter and sugar completely.
First start by creaming together the sugars and butter.
Next add the wet ingredients and mix to combine.
Add the remaining dry ingredients and stir.
Scoop into dough balls with a 3 tablespoon cookie scoop.
Coat in cinnamon and turbinado sugar.
Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
These cookies are great the next day. You can store the leftover cookies in an air tight container for up to 4 days.
I love baking these cookies as a Christmas gift and packaging them up in a cookie tin with a nice ribbon.
Can I Make Gingerdoodle Cookie Ahead of Time:
Yes! The great thing about this recipe is you can make the dough ahead of time. You can form the dough into a log and wrap the dough in saran wrap or parchment paper.
Place the log into the freezer and when you are ready to bake them off let the log thaw for 20 minutes or so, slice, coat in the cinnamon sugar and bake.
Other Christmas Cookies To Try:
If you need some other Christmas cookie recipes try out these foolproof cookies!
Gingerdoodle Cookie Recipe:
- 2 sticks butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons cream of tarter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth and lightly fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add the egg and molasses and mix to combine.
- Add the cornstarch, cream of tarter, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and vanilla bean paste and mix to combine.
- Add the flour and mix to combine.
- Combine the coating ingredients in a small bowl.
- Scoop out 3 tablespoons worth of dough and form a dough ball (I like to use a cookie scoop to make sure they are even).
- Place the cookies in the coating ingredients and toss to coat.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 Amount Per Serving: Calories: 318Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 429mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g