This steakhouse creamed spinach is a show stopper side dish. It is perfect for the holidays or for a date night steak dinner at home.
Creamy, luscious steakhouse creamed spinach is the best festive side dish. It’s full of garlic, onion and creamy cheese and pairs perfectly with steak or prime rib.
As a child we used to have a traditional English style Christmas dinner full of prime rib, yorkshire pudding, carrots, and this delicious creamed spinach. This recipe brings back so many memories of sitting around the table and eating with family.
I hope you can enjoy this creamed spinach as much as I do!
What to serve with Creamed Spinach:
These are some great dishes to serve with creamed spinach:
Ingredients You Will Need:
This recipe is really straight forward. It is comprised of simple ingredients, but yields a delicious result.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this recipe.
- heavy cream
- mixed Italian cheese blend
- frozen spinach
- salt and pepper
Keto Creamed Spinach:
Some recipes for creamed spinach uses what’s called a roux. A roux is a thickening agent that consists of flour and butter. For this recipe the mixture of cream cheese, heavy cream and Italian cheese thickens the creamed spinach perfectly so there is no flour needed.
This recipe for creamed spinach follows the keto diet. Therefore it makes for a great Keto side dish to serve with a juicy steak. Creamed spinach is also a great low carb option if you are watching your carb intake.
Creamed Spinach Recipe:
Creamy steakhouse style creamed spinach is the perfect side dish.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 ounces heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 pounds frozen spinach
- 2 cups mixed Italian cheese blend
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to a saute pan preheated over medium heat.
- Add 1/2 cup onion and saute for 3 minutes to soften.
- Add 2 cloves minced garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and cream cheese.
- Stir to combine to melt the cream cheese. Add 2 pounds frozen spinach.
- Add the cheese blend to the spinach mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mixture in a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 375 F for 10 minutes.