Nothing beats a homemade Thai Pineapple Fried Rice! This fried rice recipe is full of pineapple, vegetables and can be made with any protein of your liking.
Thai pineapple fried rice is a must whenever we go out to a Thai restaurant. It’s so full of flavor and a delicious side dish for any Thai meal. The best part is when you can make it at home in less time it takes you to go get take out. I call that a win!
You can also control the quality of ingredients and change it up to your taste preferences. We love Thai fried rice and I am going to show you how you can make it in the comfort of your own kitchen.
Ingredients For Thai Pineapple Fried Rice:
Cooked White Rice: You can also use brown rice. This recipe works great with leftover rice. The next time you get takeout save the leftover rice and make this dish the next day!
Chicken breast: You can also use rotisserie chicken or any protein you would like.
Pineapple: I really love the fresh pineapple in this dish but you can also use canned pineapple tidbits if needed.
Green Onion: These add so much bright flavor. I like to use just the green parts.
White Onion: White or yellow onion work for this dish.
Butter: You can also use oil if needed. The butter adds a delicious flavor.
Ginger: I love to use the frozen ginger cubes from the freezer section. It makes cooking go so much quicker.
Garlic: Same thing for the garlic. I love using the frozen minced garlic.
Braggs Aminos or Soy Sauce: I prefer Braggs Aminos but you can also use soy sauce.
Curry Powder: This is very traditional in Thai fried rice and really distinguishes it from other fried rice recipes.
Sesame oil: This adds a delicious flavor. You can also use butter if needed.
Frozen Peas and Carrots: You can also use fresh, but I like the frozen since they cook in 2 minutes.
Fish Sauce: Don’t worry about the dish tasting fishy. Fish sauce adds a delicious umami flavor.
Salt and Pepper: This is to taste.
You can literally use any protein choice you would like for this Thai pineapple fried rice. My kids love chicken so that’s why we chose to go with that option but here are some other ideas below.
Tips With Fried Rice:
- Use day old rice. The less moisture the rice has the better as it will “fry” more than steam and get mushy while sautéing.
- Make sure the pan is really hot. If the pan is not hot the rice will steam rather than get crispy.
- Don’t crowd the pan. If the pan is crowded it will steam and become mushy.
- Cook in stages. You may have to work in batches for this recipe to get a nice caramelized fried rice.
What to Serve With Thai Pineapple Fired Rice:
Try out these other delicious Thai recipes. They go perfectly with this Thai Fried Rice.
How To Make Thai Pineapple Fried Rice:
- 3 cups white rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small slices
- 1 pineapple, cut into tidbits
- 1 bunch of green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 white onion, diced small
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (if needed) braggs aminos or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Let cool completely. You can even use day old rice.
- Slice the chicken into small pieces.
- Dice the pineapple by slicing off the top and bottom. Remove the skin with a serrated knife and slice large planks around the core. Cut each plank into thick 1 inch slices and the slices into tidbits.
- Chop the green onion.
- Dice the white onion.
- Preheat a large pan or wok over high heat. Add the butter.
- Quickly add the onion.
- Then add the ginger and garlic.
- Add the chicken and saute for 2-4 minutes.
- Cook until the chicken is almost cooked through.
- Then add the cooled rice and toss to combine.
- Add the brags aminos and stir.
- Add the curry powder.
- Add the sesame oil.
- Add the chopped pineapple, green onion, frozen carrots and peas. Saute for 4 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 587mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 28g