Need a Thanksgiving dessert recipe that is not a pie? Try this easy Gluten Free Ice Cream Cake flavored with Pumpkin and Gingersnap.
Some tips when making ice cream cake:
Use a springform pan!
And a good one at that! Using a springform pan is a must for this recipe. It allows you to cut the cake easily and holds everything together. Make sure you have a good, high quality springform pan so the ice cream doesn’t leak. I like this pan that is relatively inexpensive and is leak proof.
Leave your ice cream out for 5 minutes before making the cake.
Keep a cup of hot water near by or run your spoon under hot water to spread the ice cream out evenly.
Freeze for at least 2 hours to harden.
- 9 Ounces Gluten Free Ginger Snap Cookies
- 1.5 Quarts Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1.5 Quarts Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Caramel Sauce
- 5 Skor Bars, Roughly Chopped
- Place the ginger snaps in a large Ziploc Bag and remove the air, then seal the baggie.
- With a rolling pin or large skillet, smash the cookies to create small crumbs.
- Place half of the crumbs in the bottom of a springform pan.
- Evenly scoop the vanilla ice cream on top of the cookie crumbs. Run a spoon under hot water. Using the back of the spoon, spread the ice cream to create one even layer.
- Top with the other half of the cookie crumbs.
- Evenly scoop the pumpkin ice cream on top of the cookie crumbs. Run the spoon under hot water again and spread the ice cream to create one even layer.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and top with Skor bar pieces.
- Place in the freezer until you are ready to serve.
It works best if you leave your ice cream out for 5 minutes to become a little soft.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.