This rich, easy and elegant chocolate fruit tart is perfect for any special occasion. The best part about this recipe is it’s only a few ingredients!
If you are looking for an easy and elegant dessert idea, look no further! This chocolate fruit tart recipe is quick to make and only a few ingredients. The best part is you can make this tart ahead of time.
I make this tart for baby showers, bridal showers, dinner parties or holidays. Just put the tart on a pretty cake pedestal and make a huge statement. You can even change up the fruit on top to account for what is fresh and in season.
What you will need to make this tart:
I recommend using a removable bottom tart pan for this recipe. This just means that the bottom piece of the tart pan supports the tart and can be lifted out the the outer ring. That way you can easily remove the tart from the pan when you are ready to serve. You can find these for less than $15 on amazon. I linked one in the recommended products in the recipe. You can also use these for beautiful quiches!
How to make this easy chocolate tart:
First you will start by making a crust. This tart crust is unlike other tart crusts because we use Oreo cookies and pecans as opposed to a pastry style crust. The pecans add a little nutty flavor and texture while the Oreos add an extra chocolate element. Make the crust by simply pulsing the ingredients in a food processor until it looks like wet sand. Then press the crumbs into the tart shell. Refrigerate while you make the ganache filling.
To make the ganache filling you will heat cream over the stovetop until slightly simmering. Do not boil the cream. Then combine the chopped chocolate with the warm cream and stir until all the chocolate is melted and smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and pour the ganache into the tart shell. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve. When you are ready to serve top with fresh berries and mint.
Elegant chocolate tart is easy and delicious.
For The Crust:
- 1 (14.3 ounce) Bag Oreo Cookie Sandwiches
- 1 (6 ounce) Bag Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
For The Filling:
- 10 Ounces Dark Chocolate (Or Semi-Sweet), Chopped Small
- 1 Pint Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 6 Ounces Raspberries
- 6 Ounces Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Strawberries, Sliced
- 4-5 Springs Fresh Mint
- Place the Oreos and pecans into a food processor. Pulse until the Oreos and pecans have become crumbs. Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in melted butter.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of a removable bottom tart pan and place the paper in the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the crumb mixture into the pan and press down with your hands. Use a measuring cup to press the mixture up the sides of the pan forming a 1 inch edge. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes while you make the filling.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a mixing bowl.
- In a small sauce pan heated over medium heat, bring the cream to a simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and mix to combine and to melt the chocolate completely. Add the vanilla bean paste and stir.
- Pour the ganache into the cookie crust and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Top with fresh berries and mint. Cut into 10 equal portions and serve.
Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.