This ground beef nacho recipe is made with homemade nacho cheese and is loaded to the brim. It’s the perfect recipe for game day or a lazy weeknight sheet pan dinner.
Ground beef nachos with homemade nacho cheese sauce is the perfect recipe for a crowd. It’s so full of flavor and it’s versatile too.
Let’s dive right into the recipe.
How To Make Homemade Nacho Cheese:
This homemade nacho cheese sauce recipe is so easy to make and is so much healthier than the processes American cheese canned stuff.
Step 1: Combine the milk and cream cheese and cook to melt.
Step 2: Add the shredded cheeses.
Step 3: Add the jalapeños and season with salt.
What meat goes best with nachos?
You can even use leftover carne asada or pollo asada. Whatever meat you choose just make sure it’s flavorful.
Ingredients For Ground Beef Nachos:
Here is a shoppable grocery list to buy everything you need. Just press the + button for the things you don’t have on hand, pick your delivery day and time and get your groceries delivered straight to your door.
Ground Beef: I like to use lean ground beef. You can also substitute with ground turkey if you would like.
Red Salsa: I like to use a mild jarred red salsa. My favorite is from Trader Joe’s.
Tortilla Chips: You can use yellow or white corn tortilla chips.
Cheddar Cheese: Use an extra sharp cheddar cheese. This will add more flavor. Buy the block and grate it yourself for this recipe. You don’t want to use pre shredded cheese, it won’t melt as well because it has an anti caking agent.
Queso Quesadilla: You can also use Chiuahua cheese or pepper jack cheese.
Cream Cheese: Blocked cream cheese works great.
Milk: I use a 1 % milk but you can use any kind.
Pickled Jalapeños: I buy the pickled tamed jalapeños. If you like it a little spicier you can buy the pickled hot jalapeños. You can also use canned green chiles.
Optional Toppings: Sour cream, green onions, cilantro, olives, pico de Gallo, pickled jalapeños, hot sauce
How To Make Ground Beef Nachos:
Preheat the Oven to Broil:
Cook the Ground Beef:
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until it’s fully browned and no longer pink. Break it apart with a spatula as it cooks to ensure even browning. Add the salsa and stir to combine.
Prepare The Homemade Nacho Cheese Sauce:
- In a saucepan melt the cream cheese into the milk. Then add your cheeses, jalapeno and salt to taste.
Arrange The Tortilla Chips:
- On a large baking sheet or oven-safe dish, arrange a single layer of tortilla chips. Ensure that the chips are spread out evenly to provide a stable base. Broil for 1 minute to toast.
Layer the Cooked Ground Beef:
- Evenly distribute the seasoned ground beef over the tortilla chips. This ensures that each chip gets a flavorful topping.
Add Nacho Cheese Sauce:
- Pour the cheese sauce evenly over the ground beef. The cheese will melt and help bind the nachos together.
Top with Fresh Ingredients:
- Sprinkle with pico de Gallo, green onions, cilantro, pickled red onion, sour cream, and black olives. These fresh toppings add a burst of color and flavor.
Serve with Condiments:
- Serve the ground beef nachos hot with sides of sour cream, guacamole, and salsa. These condiments enhance the overall nacho experience.
- For an extra touch, you can garnish the nachos with chopped cilantro, a squeeze of lime, or additional toppings of your choice.
- Ground beef nachos are best enjoyed immediately while the chips are crispy and the cheese is gooey. Dig in and savor the deliciousness!
Feel free to customize the toppings and quantities based on your preferences. Whether you’re hosting a game night or enjoying a cozy movie night, these ground beef nachos are sure to be a hit!
What To Serve With Ground Beef Nachos:
Here are some other delicious recipes to serve alongside these ground beef nachos.
Ground Beef Nachos Recipe:
These ground beef nachos with homemade nacho cheese are the perfect game day food or lazy weeknight dinner.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup jarred red salsa
- 2 bags tortilla chips
For The Nacho Cheese:
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups queso quesadilla or chihuahua cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons pickled tamed jalapeños
- salt to taste
- Pico de Gallo
- sour cream
- pickled red onion
- green onion, sliced
- canned sliced black olives, drained
- pickled tamed jalapeños
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Brown the ground beef until cooked through. Add the red salsa and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the tortilla chips on a baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Place the milk and cream cheese in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until cream cheese is melted.
- Whisk in cheddar cheese and queso quesadilla cheese.
- Add pickled jalapenos and salt to taste. Set asdie.
- Assemble the nachos by toasting the chips under the broiler for 1 minute to warm.
- Top with ground beef, nacho cheese and optional toppings. Serve immedietly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 608Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 1155mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 28g