Easy Italian Sausage sandwich recipe is the perfect quick weeknight dinner. It’s the perfect family friendly recipe.
This easy Italian sausage sandwich recipe is from the dinner under $30 and less than 30 minutes Instagram page.
Italian cuisine is renowned for its rich and robust flavors, and the Italian Sausage Sandwich stands as a testament to this culinary heritage.
Packed with savory Italian sausage, vibrant vegetables, and a medley of spices, this sandwich is a symphony of flavors that will transport your taste buds to the streets of Italy.
In this blog post, we’ll embark on a delicious journey to explore the art of crafting the perfect Italian Sausage Sandwich, bringing the heart of Italy to your kitchen.
This recipe is with ingredients from Trader Joe’s but you can also grab a stoppable grocery list from Walmart here.
Ingredients For Italian Sausage Sandwich Recipe:
Here is everything you need to make this recipe.
Kale: You can also use fresh spinach.
Red Onion: You can also use white or yellow onion.
Mini Bell Peppers: You can use large bell peppers as well.
Zucchini: Use zucchini or squash.
Italian Style Sausages: Make sure you grab the cooked sausages. I really like these ones from Trader Joes. You can use mild or hot.
Canned Tomatoes: You can use the ones pictured or diced canned tomatoes.
Quattro Formaggi Cheese: You can also use a five cheese blend.
Ciabatta rolls: You can also use a French baguette or hoagie rolls.
How To Make Italian Sausage Sandwich Recipe:
Here is how to make these easy Italian Sausage sandwiches.
First slice all your vegetables and sausage and lay them evenly on a sheet tray. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine.
Make sure the vegetables and sausage are not overlapping a ton or they will not get caramelized.
Cook in a 450 F oven for 10 minutes.
Prepare the rolls by slicing them in half and topping one half with the cheese.
Remove the sausage and vegetables from the oven and add the kale and tomatoes. Place the pan back into the oven for 5 additional minutes.
Place the rolls in the same oven for 5 minutes to toast.
Remove the sheet tray and the rolls.
Assemble the sandwiches and serve immediately.
What To Serve With Italian Sausage Sandwiches:
These sandwiches go great with just about anything. Here are some delicious sides to go with them.
Variations and Personal Touches:
Spice it Up:
- If you love heat, choose spicy Italian sausage and add an extra pinch of crushed red pepper to the vegetables.
Cheese Lover’s Delight:
- Experiment with different cheeses like provolone, mozzarella, or even a sharp Parmesan. Melting the cheese enhances the sandwich’s gooey, indulgent quality.
- Take the flavors to the next level by grilling the sausage links. The smoky char will add an enticing depth to the overall taste.
Italian Sausage Sandwich Recipe:
Delicious and easy Italain sauage sandwiches are the perfect weeknight dinner.
- 1 package Italian cooked sausage, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1-2 cups mini bell peppers, sliced
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 can whole San Marzano tomatoes, crushed
- 3 cups kale
- 10 Ciabatta rolls, sliced in half
- 1 cup Quattro formaggi cheese or 5 cheese blend
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Toss the sausages, onion, zucchini and peppers on a sheet tray with some olive oil. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the tomatoes and kale. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Toast the rolls with the cheese in the same oven for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove the sheet tray, toss to combine everything and place the mixture on the rolls. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 488Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 659mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 24g