The Instant Pot really is a magical appliance. I am teaching you how to make one of my favorite Instant Pot recipes: Instant Pot Everything Bagel Bites with Cream Cheese Filling and they are going to be life changing!
These really are one of my Favorite Instant Pot Recipes! The Everything Instant Pot Bagel bites are filled with cream cheese and topped with my favorite Everything but the Bagel Seasoning from Trader Joe’s.
The best part is this Instant Pot bread is only 4 ingredients! That’s right, a four ingredient Instant Pot recipe that you can easily meal prep for your family to have on-hand all week. They are great for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
Homemade bagels are kind of a labor of love, friends.
Normally you would make a bread dough by combining yeast, bread flour, water, and sugar. You would need to proof the dough until doubled in size, knead the dough, form the bagels, boil the bagels in a mixture of boiling water and baking soda, top them with toppings like sesame seeds, poppy seeds or your favorite toppings, and then finish them off in the oven.
Whew! That’s a lot of work!
What if I told you you can get the same amazing texture and flavor that a bagel offers in under 15 minutes and cooked to perfection in the pressure cooker?
Well my friends, I did it! I created a recipe that will be a game changer in your bagel world! It no longer will take you a full day to make delicious bagels!
Let me show you how Logan and I made these one Saturday morning.
How to make Instant Pot Bagels:
First off, no need to make dough from scratch for these Instant Pot Bagel Bites. I used a pre-made pizza dough from Trader Joe’s and it worked fabulously! It’s only $1.49 to buy this amazing pre-made dough and it’s really easy to work with.
Simply roll golf ball size amounts of dough into disks and fill with cream cheese. Roll the dough to form a ball and place in a greased silicone mold and place the mold on the trivet.
Add 1 cup water to the bottom of the Instant Pot and cook. Carefully remove the bagel bites, toss with melted butter, and top with seasonings of choice. Finish them off in the oven and you get beautiful cream cheese filled bagel bites made in the Instant Pot!
Feel free to change up the filling with seasonal cream cheese flavors. You can try pumpkin cream cheese for the Fall and toss the bagel bites in a cinnamon sugar blend. Or fill with a blueberry cream cheese and top with poppy seeds.
Any way you make these Instant Pot bagel bites will be delicious.
If you loved these, then try out another one of my Favorite Instant Pot Recipes: Instant Pot Creme Brulee!
- Flour for Dusting
- 1 Ball Pre-Made Pizza Dough (Trader Joe's)
- 2 Ounces Cream Cheese
- Cooking Spray
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- Everything but the Bagel Seasoning (Trader Joe's)
- Dust a clean work surface with some flour.
- Place the pizza dough on the floured work surface to prevent sticking. Grab about a golfball size amount of pizza dough and form a disk.
- Add 1 teaspoon cream cheese in the middle of the disk and then fold the edges together to form a ball. Roll gently to make sure the ball is sealed completely.
- Spray a silicone mini muffin mold with cooking spray and place the dough ball into the mold. Repeat with remaining dough and cream cheese. (You will need to do 2 pans).
- Place 1 cup of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add the trivet and then the silicone mold.
- Seal the Instant Pot with the lid and turn the valve to sealing. Cook on manual, high pressure, for 13 minutes.
- Perform a quick release by manually moving the valve to venting.
- Let the bagels cool while you preheat the oven to 400°F for 5 minutes. Remove the bagel bites from the mold.
- Melt the butter and roll the bagels into the butter. Sprinkle generously with Everything but the Bagel Seasoning and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes to toast. Carefully remove from the oven and serve.
Change up the filling with different flavors of cream cheese. Try pumpkin cream cheese for the Fall or strawberry cream cheese for the Spring.
You can also change up the toppings. Try out cinnamon sugar or shredded cheddar cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo 80 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer, 8-QT, Stainless Steel/Black
Pressure Cooker Accessories with Silicone Egg Bites Molds and Steamer Rack Trivet with Heat Resistant Handles Compatible with Instant Pot Accessories 6, 8 Qt, 3 Pcs with 2 Bonus Spoons (Blue & Purple)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g