Roasted carrots with orange honey whipped feta have become my new favorite vegetable side dish. Caramelized roasted carrots are topped with a delicious silky, salty orange and honey whipped feta. Then it’s all topped with roasted, salted pistachios and tangy pomegranate seeds.
This roasted carrot with orange honey whipped feta recipe is the perfect elegant side dish for a celebration or for a weeknight dinner side dish.
The flavor of the salty and sweet whipped feta go perfectly with the caramelized roasted carrots.
I can’t wait for you to try this delicious side dish recipe and make sure you let me know how you like it in the recipe card section.
Let’s dive into some tips with this recipe and how to make it.
Roasting Vegetable Tips:
Here are some general tips when roasting any type of vegetable.
- Roast between 425 F and 450 F.
- Don’t crowd the pan. Give enough space between the vegetables to ensure the hot air can circulate.
- Toss with some sort of fat. Make sure to use a high temperature cooking oil like avocado oil or olive oil (not extra virgin) to prevent burning.
- Place the vegetables directly onto a cookie sheet to get the most caramelization. Foil and parchment paper won’t allow for optimum caramelization.
Tips With This Recipe:
Cut the carrots on a bias into long 4 inch pieces. This creates a flat surface for the carrots to caramelize while roasting.
Serve the whipped feta at room temperature. It will be easier to spread or drizzle on top.
You can prep the carrots by peeling and cutting them up to 3 days in advance. Store in a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator.
Ingredients For Roasted Carrots With Orange Honey Whipped Feta:
Here are the ingredients you will need with optional items and substitutions.
Feta Cheese: Use a good quality feta cheese. I like to use a feta that is packed in brine. Pre-crumbled feta will be too dry.
Honey: This adds a delicious sweetness to the whipped honey.
Orange Zest: You can also use lemon zest if desired. Orange zest adds a little sweeter note.
Carrots: I like to use whole carrots as opposed to baby carrots. You can also try multicolored carrots to add some more color to the dish.
Olive Oil: Or a high smoke point oil like avocado oil or coconut oil.
Salt and Pepper: Use Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
Pomegranate Seeds: Pomegranate seeds add a delicious sweet crunch.
Fresh Dill: Fresh dill adds a delicious herby brightness to the dish.
Pistachios: I like to use roasted and salted for the best flavor.
How To Make Roasted Carrots With Orange Honey Whipped Feta:
Preheat the oven to 425 F.
Place the carrots on a cookie sheet and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper.
Roast the carrots according to the recipe card below.
Meanwhile make the whipped feta by placing all the ingredients into a small food processor.
Blend for 2-3 minutes or until the texture is not grainy but smooth.
When the carrots are nice and caramelized serve with whipped feta and top with pomegranate seeds, pistachios and fresh dill.
Other Delicious Vegetable Side Dishes:
Here are some other delicious vegetable side dishes for you to try.
Roasted Carrots With Orange Honey Whipped Feta Recipe:
Roasted carrots with orange honey whipped feta is the perfect side for a fancy dinner, holiday or a weeknight dinner.
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 3 inch slices on a bias
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup salted pistachios, roasted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Fresh dill (optional)
Orange Honey Whipped Feta:
- 8 ounces feta cheese packed in brine, removed and drained
- 2 tablespoons honey
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Toss the carrots with olive oil and salt and pepper and spread out evenly onto two cookie sheets (make sure there is room in between the carrots).
- Roast the carrots for 25 minutes flipping half way through.
- While the carrots are roasting make the whipped feta.
- Place all the whipped feta ingredients into a food processor and blend for 3-5 minutes or until the texture changes into a smooth paste like consistency. If it is at all grainy keep blending.
- Spread the whipped feta on your serving platter. Top with the roasted carrots, pistachios, pomegranate seeds and fresh dill.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 530mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 6gSugar: 21gProtein: 8g