Quick and easy Asian chicken tacos are family friendly and perfect for a weeknight dinner. They are crunchy and full of delicious Asian flavors.
This Asian chicken taco recipe is a family favorite! The tacos are crunchy and full of flavor and perfect for a quick weeknight family dinner.
To achieve the perfect Asian flavored taco I love including typical asian flavors and ingredients such as hoisin sauce, sesame oil, and ponzu sauce.
Braggs Amino replaces soy sauce which is a healthier alternative with less sodium and healthy amino acids. All of these ingredients are available at any major grocery store.
Top these crunchy tacos with a fresh asian slaw and you got a match made in heaven.
I love making these asian chicken tacos into a morphing meal by doubling the chicken filling and using it for this Asian chicken pizza.
Make them ahead of time!
This recipe is perfect to make ahead of time. You can fry the tortillas earlier in the day and then throw them in the oven at 350 for 5 minutes to crisp up before serving.
By utilizing rotisserie chicken the recipe only takes about a minute to warm the chicken and sauce in the microwave. If you have a hot rotisserie chicken fresh from the store there is no need to heat it up at all.
These asian chicken tacos are great to prep ahead of time (even in the morning) and throw it all together last minute when you get home from work.
Lastly top these delicious crunchy tacos with a salty cheese like cotija cheese (which is totally not Asian) but adds an extra salty, yet nutty flavor. I highly recommend trying this recipe as is. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine.
If you need another delicious taco idea try my The Best Cauliflower Taco Meat to fill your crunchy shells.
Let’s make some tacos!
How to make crunchy Asian chicken tacos
- 2 Cups Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 Tablespoons Ponzu Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 2 Tabelspoons Hoisin Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Ketchup
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 1 Cup Canola or Avocado Oil
- 1/2 Cup Carrots, Shredded
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion, Shaved
- 2 Tablespoons Pickle Juice
- Crumbled Cotija Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss the rotisserie chicken with the ponzu, sesame oil, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and ketchup. Mix to combine and place in an oven proof baking dish.
- Bake the chicken for 10 minutes just to heat through. (you can also microwave for 1 minute.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the carrot, onion and pickle juice and let sit while you make the taco shells.
- Preheat a small saute pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat and add the oil. (Check out the video above to help you know when your oil is ready).
- When your oil is hot but not smoking, carefully place your tortilla in the hot oil and fry on one side for 1 minute fold to form a taco shell and hold in the hot oil with tongs for 30 seconds. Turn the taco shell over to fry the other side, holding the shell down with the tongs. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate. Season with salt.
- Fill the taco shells with chicken mixture, slaw and top with cilantro and cotija cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.