Thes Asian grilled chicken thighs with crisp cabbage and mango slaw is the perfect Summer grill out meal. It’s bright, flavorful, colorful and delicious.
These Asian grilled chicken thighs are a huge hit. Grilling brings out the best in chicken, and when paired with the bold and vibrant flavors of Asian cuisine, it creates a truly mouthwatering experience.
From tangy hoisin sauce to fragrant ginger and garlic, the combination of ingredients in this Asian grilled chicken recipe will transport your taste buds to the bustling streets of Asia.
Join us as we explore the steps to create a deliciously marinated and perfectly grilled Asian-inspired chicken dish that will impress your family and friends.
The Asian Marinade:
Marinating the chicken is the key to infusing it with the rich flavors of Asia.
The marinade not only adds depth but also tenderizes the meat, resulting in juicy and succulent grilled chicken.
The best part is the marinade is only a couple of ingredients.
Here are the ingredients for the marinade:
- Hoisin sauce
- Sweet chili sauce
Preparing and Marinating the Chicken:
To prepare the chicken for grilling and infuse it with the Asian-inspired marinade, follow these steps:
- In a bowl, whisk together all the marinade ingredients until well combined.
- Place the chicken pieces (boneless, skinless breasts or thighs work well) in a ziplock bag or a shallow dish.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, ensuring each piece is thoroughly coated.
- Seal the bag or cover the dish, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or ideally overnight, to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.
Grilling the Chicken:
Grilling brings out a smoky and charred flavor that complements the Asian marinade perfectly.
Follow these guidelines for perfectly grilled Asian chicken:
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the marinated chicken from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Use a thermometer gun to test the temperature of the grill.
- Lightly oil the grill grates to prevent sticking.
- Place the chicken on the grill, reserving any leftover marinade for basting.
- Grill the chicken for approximately 6-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) for boneless cuts.
- While grilling, baste the chicken occasionally with the reserved marinade for extra flavor and moisture.
- Once cooked, transfer the grilled chicken to a plate and let it rest for a few minutes to allow the juices to redistribute.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro (optional) and serve hot.
- Serve with Asian slaw.
Now that your grilled Asian chicken is ready let’s explore some delicious serving ideas.
My first choice would definitely be this amazing Asian slaw recipe. It’s bright, flavorful and pairs perfectly with the chicken.
But if that doesn’t sound good to you here are some other delicious ways to serve the chicken.
- Serve it as the star of a flavorful Asian-inspired rice bowl, with steamed jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables, and a drizzle of soy sauce.
- Slice the grilled chicken and use it as a filling for a Banh Mi sandwich, along with pickled vegetables, fresh herbs, and a spicy mayo.
- Pair it with a refreshing Asian-inspired salad, featuring mixed greens, mandarin oranges, sliced cucumbers, and a sesame ginger dressing.
- Serve it alongside steamed bok choy or grilled vegetables for a lighter, yet satisfying, meal.
- Slice the grilled chicken and incorporate it into Asian-style tacos, topped with shredded cabbage, sliced jalapeños, and a squeeze of lime.
Tips for Grilling Success:
Here are some general tips for perfect grilling.
- Keep an eye on the grill temperature to avoid overcooking or charring the chicken.
- For extra flavor, soak skewers in water for 30 minutes, then thread marinated chicken onto skewers for delicious Asian chicken skewers.
- Make sure to properly clean and oil the grill grates before cooking to prevent sticking.
- Reserve a small portion of the marinade for basting during grilling, ensuring it is used only on the chicken and not contaminated by raw meat.
Asian grilled chicken thighs are a tantalizing combination of tender meat and bold, aromatic flavors.
With the right marinade and grilling techniques, you can create a dish that will transport you to the vibrant street food stalls of Asia.
So fire up your grill, marinate the chicken, and get ready to savor the irresistible flavors of this Asian-inspired delight!
Other Delicious Grilling Recipes:
Here are some other delicious grilling recipes you need to try!
Asian Grilled Chicken Thighs Recipe:
Thes delicious grilled asian chicken thighs go perfectly with asian mango slaw. It's the perfect grill out food. Crisp, vibrant Asian slaw with tangy vinaigrette is the perfect side to any Asian dinner.
Place the chicken on the grill, reserving any leftover marinade for basting.
Serve with Asian slaw.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 423Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 194mgSodium: 614mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 36g
Ingredients For The Slaw:
Ingredients For The Dressing:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 162Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 323mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 13gProtein: 5g
Thes delicious grilled asian chicken thighs go perfectly with asian mango slaw. It's the perfect grill out food.
Crisp, vibrant Asian slaw with tangy vinaigrette is the perfect side to any Asian dinner.