This Asian chicken pizza recipe is perfect for a unique pizza option. It’s so colorful, flavorful and unique. Not to mention it’s the perfect way to feed your family quickly!
My Asian chicken pizza recipe was originally a morphing meal. Crispy asian chicken tacos morphed into this delicious asian chicken pizza in a matter of minutes.
The best part about this pizza is you can use pre-made pizza dough for a quick and easy meal option or if you have the time try my famous 72 hour sourdough pizza dough!
Ingredients you will need to make Asian chicken pizza:
Pre-made pizza crust: I love to buy my pizza dough at Trader Joe’s. You can buy extra a keep them in the freezer for quick and easy meals.
Just make sure to thaw the dough the night before in the fridge if you are using it from the freezer. You can also make homemade dough with this sourdough recipe.
Italian 5 cheese blend: I love to use this cheese for the pizza.
Rotisserie chicken: One of my favorite items for making quick meals. Shred the chicken or cut into cubes.
Hoisin sauce: You really can’t substitute anything for this! You can find it this in the Asian section of your grocery store. And if you are gluten free you can find gluten free hoisin if needed at most grocery stories.
Ketchup: Adds some sweetness to balance out the spiciness of the gochujang.
Gochujang: A delicious slightly spicy fermented red pepper paste. You can find this in the Asian section of your grocery store. I have included a picture below.
Carrot, purple cabbage, red onion and pickle juice: These are all the ingredients you will need for the quick slaw topping.
Cotija cheese, cilantro: Optional toppings that add so much flavor.
How to make Asian chicken pizza:
First par-bake your pizza crust. This will help to ensure the crust is fully cooked and gets nice and crispy.
Next make the Asian barbecue sauce by combining the ingredients in a small bowl.
Combine the chicken with the sauce and place on top of the par-baked pizza crust.
Top with cheese and bake.
Make the slaw by combining ingredients.
When the pizza is done cooking top with slaw and toppings and served immediately.
Other easy and fast recipes to try!
Here are some other easy and fast recipes to try if you are in a pinch.
Try the morphing meal:
If you would like to try the Asian chicken tacos morphing recipe click this link.
All you have to do is make double the delicious chicken mixture to make a quick and delicious morphing meal.
Asian chicken pizza recipe:
The perfect pizza recipe for when you want to change things up a little.
- 1 pizza dough, pre-made (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons gochugang (this is slightly spicy so you can go down to 1 tablespoon if needed)
- 1 cup Italian 5 cheese blend
Ingredients For Slaw:
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup pickle juice
- cilantro, torn
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese or queso fresco, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Spread 1 tablespoon avocado oil on a cookie sheet and spread and stretch the dough onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake the dough for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the chicken with hoisin, ketchup, and gochugang. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, prepare the slaw toppings by combining all ingredients. Let sit at room temperature.
- Remove the par-cooked dough from the oven and evenly distribute the chieken mixture over the crust. Top with cheese and place back into the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and top with slaw, cilantro and cotija cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.