This Chili’s chicken enchilada soup is a copycat version that only has 3 ingredients, plus whatever toppings you like. It honestly is the easiest soup and tastes just like the soup you get in the restaurant.
I am going to show you three ways of making this soup! You can make it in the Instant Pot with frozen chicken breasts, in the crockpot, or utilize a rotisserie chicken to make a 10 minute dinner. Any way you make it the soup is amazing and your family will love it.
Chili’s Chicken Enchilada Soup Ingredients:
Are you ready for the easiest soup recipe ever to be invented? All you need to make the soup base is the following 3 ingredients.
- Canned Red Enchilada Sauce
- Cream Cheese
- Chicken Breasts (frozen of fresh)
Then get creative with the toppings.
Some of our favorite toppings include:
- Tortilla Strips
- Cheddar Cheese
- Black Olives
- Sour Cream
10 Minute Meal Version:
If you are in need of a quick 10 minute meal this recipe can be made on the stovetop in less than 10 minutes.
Place the enchilada sauce and cream cheese in a sauce pan heated over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. For this version utilize one of my favorite 10 minute dinner lifesavers, rotisserie chicken!
Shred the rotisserie chicken and add it to the enchilada sauce and cream cheese mixture. Cook everything just to warm through and then top with your favorite toppings.
Want dinner on the table when you get home? Try the crockpot version of this recipe!
Add the enchilada sauce and chicken to a crockpot before you leave for work.
Cook on low for 4 hours.
Shred the chicken and add the cream cheese along with the remaining can of enchilada sauce and stir until cheese is melted.
Top with your favorite toppings and you got dinner on the table in no time!
Instant Pot Version:
This is the original version that I tested and it was so delicious and easy. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, refer to the previous two versions to make this recipe.
For the Instant Pot version add 1 can of the enchilada sauce along with your chicken breasts into the pot insert.
You can also use frozen chicken for this recipe if needed. Just cook it for a little longer at 25 minutes.
Seal your lid and turn the valve to the sealing position. Cook on manual high pressure for 20 minutes.
Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes. Since the enchilada sauce can be a little thick this will help prevent any spillage through the vent while releasing the pressure.
Once the pressure has released for 5 minutes, release the remaining pressure and remove the chicken to shred.
Add the remaining can of enchilada sauce and cream cheese.
Turn the Instant Pot onto saute mode and cook to melt the cream cheese.
Add back the shredded chicken and top with your favorite toppings.
Here are a few tips with this recipe:
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature. This will help ensure that there are no lumps.
- If your cream cheese does clump a little you can blend the soup with an emersion blender.
- Serve your toppings table side for a fun, interactive dinner.
- You can also use green enchilada sauce for a different version.
- Make sure you check the enchilada sauce can for the heat index. I used mild for this recipe and the kids enjoyed it. If you like spicy go for a hot enchilada sauce.
Storage and Freezing:
This recipe is fabulous to freeze. Store in these plastic soup containers, label and freeze for up to 6 months.
This way you can have a delicious hot meal on the table when you really don’t feel like cooking.
Other Delicious Soup Recipes:
If you love soup as much as I do try out these other recipes:
Copycat Chili’s Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe:
The easiest most delicious soup! Make it in the Instant Pot, crockpot or on the stove top.
- 2 (28 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce (mild)
- 1 pound chicken breasts (frozen or fresh)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- Tortilla strips
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cilantro, chopped
- Black olives
- Sour cream
- Roma tomatoes, diced
Instant Pot Version:
- Place the chicken into the instant pot insert with 1 can enchilada sauce.
- Seal the lid and turn the valve to sealing.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 25 minutes (if frozen) or 20 minutes (if chicken is thawed).
- Let it naturally release for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks.
- Add the cream cheese and the other can of the enchilada sauce to the instant pot and turn on to saute mode. Stir to melt the cheese completely. If lumpy blend with an immersion blender.
- Add back the shredded chicken and serve with your favorite toppings.
Refer to the post for stovetop and crockpot versions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 411Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 130mgSodium: 363mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 33g