This copycat CPK focaccia bread recipe is one of the easiest bread recipes you will ever make and tastes just like the restaurant version.
The best part about this CPK focaccia bread recipe is that it only takes 5 ingredients to make. It’s light, fluffy and full of flavor.
This recipe is sentimental to me. When I was a child I would go to my grandmother’s house every August to spend the night and go back to school shopping.
It was tradition that I will never forget. I got to take a bubble bath in her huge jet tub, eat mini pancakes for breakfast and California Pizza Kitchen for lunch.
We ordered the same thing every time we went and the focaccia bread was one of the things we always ordered. Sadly they don’t serve it anymore.
Fast forward a few decades I actually worked as a restaurant consultant for CPK developing recipes for their menu.
Through all my love for CPK I have to say this recipe beats any copycat recipes I have made just because of the nostalgic memories it brings to mind.
What is Focaccia Bread:
Focaccia bread is an Italian bread normally made with a lot of extra virgin olive oil and topped with a variety of toppings cooked in a hearth oven. If you want to try a traditional focaccia bread recipe try this one from my Italian culinary school.
Today we are making this Copycat CPK focaccia bread recipe with store bought ingredients and I promise it won’t make that much of a difference.
The best part about this style of bread is you can really change up the toppings to whatever you like.
Here are some great topping options:
- Fresh basil
- Pepper jack cheese and pickled jalapeno
Ingredients You Will Need For Copycat CPK Focaccia Bread Recipe:
I love recipes that only call for five ingredients. Here are the ingredients you will need to make this recipe.
Store Bought Pizza Dough: I like to get mine at Trader Joe’s.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: I love using a good high quality olive oil for this recipe.
Red Onion: This adds a delicious flavor and the onions become slightly sweet and caramelized when baking. I would stick with red onion for this recipe.
Oregano: Use dried oregano for this recipe.
Maldon Salt: Maldon salt is a flaky finishing salt that gives this dish such a wonderful flavor and texture. You can find it in most markets or grab it here.
Tips and Tricks:
Some tips and tricks with this recipe.
- You want to make sure you let your pizza dough sit out at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before baking. This will help it to become pliable.
- Instead of placing the dough on a floured surface place it on an oiled sheet tray. This will add a lot more flavor and texture to your focaccia.
- Serve with high quality extra virgin olive oil and balsamic or a fresh homemade bruschetta.
How To Make Copycat CPK Focaccia Bread Recipe:
Preheat the oven.
Spread out the pizza dough on a baking sheet drizzled with olive oil.
This is a great job for kids! Get them involved in this easy recipe.
Next, Top the dough with thinly sliced red onion, oregano and Maldon salt.
Bake at in the oven for 10-15 minutes depending on texture preference. For a softer bread cook for 10 minutes for a crispier bread cook closer to 15 minutes.
Slice into triangles or squares and serve warm.
Other Delicious Copycat Recipes To Try:
Copycat CPK Focaccia Bread Recipe:
Fluffy, flavorful copycat cpk focaccia bread recipe is a go to for a quick and easy appetizer.
- 1 package store bought pizza dough, left out at room temperature for 30 minutes
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- oregano, to taste
- maldon salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Spread the pizza dough onto the baking sheet into an oval shape.
- Top with red onion, oregano, Maldon salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes (10 minutes for a fluffier bread- 15 minutes for a crispier bread)
- Slice and serve warm.