This cheeseburger bowl recipe is easy to make and a deliciously healthy dinner recipe to make any day of the week. Cheeseburger bowls take everything that’s delicious about a juicy cheeseburger and transforms them into a delectable gluten free bowl.
This delicious dinner is a healthy take on a juicy cheeseburger. It’s the perfect gluten free option and full of delicious flavor.
You can even meal prep cheeseburger bowls to have them on hand ready to eat throughout the week.
The combination of crispy roasted potatoes, juicy lean ground beef and all the burger toppings is the perfect meal for the whole family.
My family loves this recipe because some of my kids are picky eaters. They can eat the items separately and everyone wins!
Ingredients For Cheeseburger Bowl Recipe:
Here are the ingredients for cheeseburger bowls.
Lean Ground Beef: I like to use a lean ground beef. You can also substitute with ground turkey.
Montreal Steak Seasoning: I use this seasoning to flavor my beef. You can use any seasoning you like for burgers like garlic powder, kosher salt and black pepper.
Romaine Lettuce: Any lettuce will do. This adds delicious texture and bright colors. You can also use shredded iceberg lettuce.
Cheddar Cheese: I like to use shredded cheddar cheese but you can also use pepper jack or any cheese you prefer.
Bacon: I like to use applewood smoked bacon.
Dill Pickles: Pickles add a delicious salty flavor. You can us any pickles you prefer.
Tomatoes: Add a great color. You can use cherry tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes or vine ripen tomatoes.
Red Onion: If you don’t love the flavor of raw red onion you can also use caramelized onion or grilled onions.
Sauce of Choice: I love Chick Fil A sauce for my burger bowls. You can also top these bowls with ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce or thousand island dressing for more of a cheeseburger salad.
Optional Toppings: This recipe is meant to be customized so add your favorite toppings of choice. Some additional ideas are avocado, sautéed mushrooms, onion rings, or blue cheese.
How To Make a Cheeseburger Bowl:
To make these cheeseburger bowls start by browning your ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Add the steak seasoning and stir to combine.
Preheat the oven to 450 F and cut the Russet potatoes into small pieces. Place the potatoes on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Cook the bacon. I like to cook the bacon in the air fryer for about 10 minutes at 390 F. You can also cook the bacon in the oven at 425 for about 15 minutes.
Prep all the other toppings.
Assemble the burger bowls by layering the crispy potatoes, ground beef, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, pickles and sauce.
Meal Prep Burger Bowls:
This recipe is great for meal prepping. Simply place your toppings, ground beef and potatoes in meal prep containers and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Why Cheeseburger Bowls?
- Cheeseburger Bowls offer endless customization. Tailor the ingredients to your liking, experimenting with different cheeses, veggies, and sauces.
- By eliminating the bun, Cheeseburger Bowls cater to those looking for a lower-carb alternative while still delivering all the classic flavors.
Quick and Easy:
- This dish is perfect for busy weeknights. It’s quick to prepare and allows for easy cleanup.
- The deconstructed nature of Cheeseburger Bowls makes them family-friendly. Let everyone customize their bowls with their favorite toppings.
What To Serve With Cheeseburger Bowls:
These cheeseburger bowls go well with just about anything. Here are some delicious sides to serve with it.
Cheeseburger Bowls seamlessly blend the nostalgia of a classic cheeseburger with the convenience and creativity of a bowl.
The customizable nature of this dish ensures that it can suit a variety of tastes and dietary preferences.
So, the next time you’re craving the comfort of a cheeseburger, opt for the bowl – a contemporary twist that brings together the best of both worlds.
Gather your favorite ingredients, layer them in a bowl, and relish in the satisfaction of a Cheeseburger Bowl that caters to your unique palate.
Cheeseburger Bowl Recipe:
Delisious cheeseburger bowls are the perfect weeknight dinner.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 6 Russet potatoes, diced
- extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 package bacon, cooked until crispy
- Optional Toppings:
- tomatoes, diced
- red onion, sliced thin
- Chick Fil A sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Peheat a skillet over medium heat. Brown the ground beef until cooked through breaking up the meat into small pieces.
- Season the meat with the steak seasoning and stir to combine.
- While the meat is cooking toss the potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt onto a cookie sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
- To assemble the bowls layer the potatoes in the bottom of your serving bowl.
- Top with meat, cheddar cheese, lettuce, bacon, pickles, tomatoes, red onion and a drizzle of Chick Fil A sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 489Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 611mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 7gSugar: 6gProtein: 33g