This creamy lemon tart with fresh berries is a cross between a lemon cheesecake and lemon curd tart. It’s creamy, lemony and perfect for Spring.
Creamy lemon tart with fresh berries is perfect for an elegant dinner party or a quick and easy weekend dessert. You can make it under 30 minutes from start to finish.
I am a huge fan of lemon flavored desserts. However I am not a huge fan of really tart tasting lemon tarts. I tested some different variations of lemon tarts and came up with this creamy version.
Because of the addition of cream cheese and lemon pudding, this tart is more sweet than tart. And is the perfect cross between a creamy cheesecake and a tart lemon tart.
The crust is made with a non traditional cheesecake style cookie crust. I love how the crips, crumbly crust complements the creaminess of the filling. It makes for the perfect texture contrast and works wonderfully.
This tart is very similar to my Summer Berry No Bake Cheesecake Tart. The awesome thing about this recipe is it’s easily adaptable.
The basis of this recipe can be morphed into many different variations. Grab your favorite cookie for the crust and pick a delicious flavored pudding mix for the filling.
Here are some examples and variations of this recipe that you can try at home.
Chocolate Cream Tart:
Crust: Oreos, butter
Filling: chocolate pudding
Topping: fresh whipped cream, berries
Pistachio Cream Tart:
Crust: graham crackers, butter
Filling: pistachio pudding
Topping: fresh whipped cream, candied pistachios
Banana Cream Tart:
Crust: graham crackers, butter
Filling: banana pudding
Topping: fresh whipped cream, bananas, chocolate shavings
Peanut Butter Tart:
Crust: Oreos, butter
Filling: vanilla pudding, peanut butter
Topping: fresh whipped cream, peanuts, chocolate drizzle
What Pan to Use:
Tarts should be made in a tart pan. There are many sizes, shapes and kinds of tart pans on the market.
I prefer to always use a tart pan with a removable bottom. This will help the tart to come out of the pan easily. It also help you to get a better cut when slicing the tart pieces as the sides of the pan remove.
For this recipe I used at 9 inch removable tart pan. They are pretty cheap on Amazon and you can use it for all your tart making.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- lemon oreos- if you can’t find these you can use any lemon cookie
- melted butter
- whipped cream cheese- use the whipped kind! It will make a big difference in texture. Also leave the cream cheese out at room temperature for 30 minutes. This will help to prevent any lumps in the filling
- package lemon pudding mix
- whole milk
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
- fresh berries- use whatever is in season
- powdered sugar
- fresh mint sprigs
How To Make Lemon Tart:
This tart is a little different since we will not be making a lemon curd filling.
Lemon curd is what you would use for lemon bars and typical lemon tarts. But because we want a less tart and creamy filling we will be making an easy lemon cream filling.
First you will want to make the lemony tart crust.
Combine lemon flavored Oreos and melted butter in a food processor to create fine crumbs. Place the mixture into a tart pan that has a removable bottom. This will help to remove the tart shell easily after it cooks. Bake the crust in the oven for 10 minutes.
Let the tart shell cool while you make the lemon filling. The filling is a mixture of lemon pudding mix, milk, cream cheese, lemon zest and lemon juice. Beat the mixture well to create a creamy consistency.
Add the filling to the cooled crust and top with fresh berries, lemon zest, powdered sugar and mint leaves.
You can also top with whipped cream if you want something a little different.
Remove the tart from the tart pan by placing the palm of your hand on the bottom (center) of the pan. The outer edge should come off.
Slice the tart and serve chilled.
Other Delicious Desserts To Try:
Creamy Lemon Tart Recipe:
Creamy, lemony tart is an easy dessert to make for Spring.
- 26 lemon oreos
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese (leave out at room temperature for 30 minutes)
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package lemon pudding mix
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 lemons zested
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Add 26 lemon Oreos to a food processor. Blend for 20-30 seconds to create fine crumbs.
- Add the melted butter and blend for 20 seconds.
- Add the crumbs to a tart pan (with a removable bottom). Spread the crumbs to create an even layer.
- Take a glass with a 90 degree angle bottom and press the crumbs up the sides of the tart pan. Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and lemon pudding mix to a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 cups milk and blend on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add the zest of the lemons.
- Add 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Remove the crust from the oven and immediately press the crust down and towards the sides slightly. Do this gently with the bottom of a cup. Let cool.
- Add the filling to the crust. Spread out evenly.
- Decorate the tart with fresh sliced lemons and raspberries.
- Then add fresh strawberries, mint sprigs and lemon zest.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Chill until you are ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.