This kids charcuterie board is the perfect Summer snack board for kids. You can even serve it for dinner! The best part is how easy it is to put together. Heck even adults would love it!
With the help of some store bought items, this kids charcuterie board is the perfect easy Summer snack or dinner idea.
When the kids are playing in the pool all day or playing with friends, welcome them in with this beautiful and delicious food board made just for them!
What is a Charcuterie Board:
Typically a charcuterie board consists of cured meats and meat products. It originated in France and has become very popular all over the globe.
Charcuterie boards can also consist of cheeses, dried fruit, nuts, compotes and many other items.
We are taking the traditional charcuterie board and doing a fun 180 spin on it with this Summer inspired kid food board. It’s not your traditional charcuterie board, but it’s a fun and a delicious option for the kiddos.
Ingredients For This Kid Charcuterie Board:
- hot dogs with condiments
- mini sliders
- baked beans
- corn on the cob
- waffle fries
- mini peach cobblers
Other Ideas To Put On Your Board:
- peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
- turkey wraps
- ham and cheese sandwiches
- mini mac and cheese bites
- chicken tenders
- buffalo wings
- bagel bites
- grilled cheese
- pizza slices
- mini bean and cheese burritos
- sweet potato fries
- tater tots
- salad cups
- yogurt cups
- mini baked beans in mason jars
Fruit and Vegetables:
- apples with caramel
- vegetable cups with ranch
- pretzels with hummus
- pita chips
- trail mix
- fig newtons
- bags of chips
- granola bars
- ice cream sandwiches
- cups of ice cream
- pudding cups
- jello cups
- mini strawberry shortcakes
- Any flavor mini cobblers in mini mason jars
- Mini pies or hand pies
How To Create a Kid-Friendly Charcuterie Board:
Plan what you would like to put on your board. Pick a couple main dish options, sides, fruit and vegetables, snack items and dessert.
Grab a cutting board, cookie sheet or tray. Make sure it is large enough to hold all your food items.
Prep the food. Cut all your fruits and vegetables and heat up the main dishes.
Place the food onto the board or tray and serve!
Other Summer Foods For Kids:
Kid Charcuterie Board Recipe:
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 hot dog buns
- condiments of choice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 8 mini burger buns
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- burger toppings of choice
- 1 can baked beans
- 1 bag frozen waffle fries
- 1 small watermelon, sliced
- 6 clementines
- 3 corn on the cob, cut in half
Mini Peach Cobbler Cups:
- 2 cans peaches
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 stick butter
- Cook the hot dogs according to package directions. Place in buns and cut in half.
- Mix the ground beef with the steak seasoning and form golf ball sized patties. Grill until cooked through. Top with cheese and toppings of choice.
- Reheat the baked beans and place in mini mason jars.
- Cook the waffle fries according to package directions.
- Cut the watermelon into wedges.
- Cook the corn on the cob in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Make the peach cobbler cups by filling 6 mini mason jars with canned peaches (include some of the juice). Sprinkle each jar with 2 tablespoons cake mix. Top with 2 tablespoons sliced butter sprinkle with cinnamon. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- Arrange all the items on a large cookie sheet or cutting board. Serve with desired condiments.