Nothing is more refreshing than a glass of this freshly squeezed mint lemonade. Fresh squeezed lemons, and a mint simple syrup create a delicious version of our favorite Summer drink.
This Summer has been full of lemonade recipe testing for my kids lemonade stand goals. My favorite flavored lemonade has definitely been this mint lemonade.
It’s light, refreshing and the best part is you can make it however sweet you would like by adding your desired amount of mint simple syrup.
You can even make this lemonade sugar free by adding the mint leaves to the lemon water overnight. Use a natural sweetener like honey for a healthier twist.
This lemonade is a refreshing drink thats perfect for a non-alcoholic option at your next gathering.
Grab a large pitcher, combine the ingredients and add some ice cubes and you have the perfect drink for your next party.
Benefits of Mint and Lemon:
Mint lemonade is not only delicious, but can also be so beneficial for your health. Just keep the sweetness level down to maximize benefits.
Some of the amazing benefits of mint lemonade are as follows:
- Can help with digestion.
- Freshen breath.
- Great source of vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Can help aid in weight loss (made without sugar).
- Natural electrolytes.
- Help with digestion.
- Help cleanse the skin.
Can I Use Dry Mint In Lemonade:
Dry mint has quite a different flavor than fresh mint in this lemonade. I would recommend sticking with the fresh mint. Dry herbs tend to be much more potent. The light, refreshing flavor of the fresh mint goes perfectly with this lemonade.
Feel free to use any of these variations and make it your own!
- Make it sparkling by adding sparkling water instead of still.
- Make it fancy by creating a sugared rim with sugar and mint.
- Add some fruit like strawberry or blueberries for something extra special and elegant.
- Serve in your favorite champagne flutes or a tumbler.
- Blend mint into the lemonade with some ice to make it a slushy.
- Freeze leftovers for an easy way to add flavor to your next drink.
What Is A Simple Syrup:
A simple syrup is a combination of granulated sugar and water. The great thing about simple syrup is you can infuse flavors into it easily.
To make simple syrup combine a cup of sugar with a cup of water.
Other Delicious Drink Recipes:
Try some of these other delicious and easy drink recipes.
How to Make Homemade Mint Lemonade:
This recipe is so easy to make.
Make the simple syrup by combining sugar, water and fresh mint. Simmer until the sugar has dissolved and let cool.
Juice the lemons and combine with water.
Once you have the infused water add desired amount of simple syrup and add fresh mint leaves as garnish.
Garnish with some fresh lemon slices as well.
Mint Lemonade Recipe:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup mint
- 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 cups cold water
- fresh mint leaves
- lemon slices
- Combine the granulated sugar, water and mint in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer until the sugar is dissolved. Remove and strain out the mint. Let cool.
- Add the lemon juice and water to a pitcher and add 2 cups of ice.
- Add desired amount of simple syrup to desired sweetness. Pour the lemonade into cups and garnish with fresh mint leaves, lemon slices and extra ice.
- Serve immediately.