This gluten free marry me chicken is perfect for a date night at home or an easy meal that is under 30 minutes to make.
This gluten free marry me chicken recipe is one from my dinnerunder30lessthan30 account. It’s under $30 to make, less than 30 minutes to make and a great gluten free option for a date night at home or weeknight family friendly meal.
In the world of gluten-free culinary delights, finding a recipe that is both delicious and heartwarming can be a journey.
Today, we embark on a flavorful exploration with the Gluten-Free Marry Me Chicken recipe.
This delightful dish not only captivates the taste buds but also adds a touch of romance to your dinner table.
Let’s dive into the magic of flavors and the simplicity of a recipe that might just make you fall in love.
The Origin of Marry Me Chicken:
Marry Me Chicken, a dish that earned its whimsical name due to its irresistible flavors, traditionally features a creamy tomato and herb sauce that is sure to make anyone say “I do” to a second helping.
The adaptation of this recipe opens the door for those with dietary restrictions to enjoy this culinary love affair without compromising on taste.
The Gluten-Free Twist:
Adapting the Marry Me Chicken recipe to be gluten-free doesn’t mean sacrificing the essence of the dish.
With the right ingredients and a bit of culinary finesse, you can create a gluten-free version that rivals its traditional counterpart.
We make this gluten free by excluding any flour or gluten from the original dish. You won’t miss it and it tastes just the same!
Ingredients For Gluten Free Marry Me Chicken:
Click here to buy all your ingredients easily through Instacart. Just un-click the ingredients you already have on hand!
Here is what you need to make this dish.
Chicken Breast: Use boneless skinless chicken breast. You can also use chicken thighs if needed.
Butter: Use a good quality butter.
Sun-dried Tomatoes: I like to use sun dried tomatoes that are not packed in olive oil.
Shallot: You can also use a white onion if you can’t find shallots.
Garlic: I use the frozen minced garlic.
Italian Seasoning: You can also just use oregano.
White Cooking Wine: You can also use a dry white wine.
Tomato Sauce: I like to use Raoe’s but you can also use tomato paste.
Cream: Use heavy cream.
Salt and Pepper: This is to taste.
Parsley: This is optional to garish.
How To Make Gluten Free Marry Me Chicken:
Preheat and Season:
- Preheat your non-stick pan or cast iron skillet to medium heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
Sear the Chicken:
- Add the butter to the pan to melt. Sear the chicken on both sides until golden brown. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
Prepare the Sauce:
- In the same skillet, add garlic, Italian seasoning, shallot and sun-dried tomatoes. Pour in the white cooking wine and reduce slightly. Then add the tomato sauce and heavy cream and stir to combine.
Return the Chicken:
- Place the seared chicken breasts back into the skillet, ensuring they are nestled in the sauce.
Garnish and Serve:
- Once out of the oven, sprinkle parsley over the chicken. Serve the chicken over your favorite gluten-free pasta, mashed potatoes or rice.
Why Gluten-Free Marry Me Chicken?
- For those who adhere to a gluten-free lifestyle due to health reasons or personal choice, this recipe allows you to savor the rich and creamy goodness of Marry Me Chicken without the gluten.
- When entertaining guests with diverse dietary needs, this adaptation ensures that everyone around your table can enjoy a delicious, comforting meal together.
Versatile and Customizable:
- The gluten-free nature of this recipe doesn’t compromise on flavor or texture. Feel free to personalize it with your favorite gluten-free pasta or rice alternatives.
What To Serve With Gluten Free Marry Me Chicken:
These gluten free side dishes go perfectly with Marry Me Chicken.
In the realm of gluten-free culinary creations, the Gluten-Free Marry Me Chicken recipe stands as a testament to the fact that dietary restrictions need not limit the pleasure of a well-prepared meal.
Whether you’re cooking to impress a loved one or simply treating yourself to a special dinner, this twist on a classic favorite is bound to elicit smiles and, perhaps, a few marriage proposals of its own. Bon appétit!
Gluten Free Marry Me Chicken Recipe:
Gluten free marry me chicken is the perfect quick and easy dinner or the perfect dinner for entertaining.
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise to butterfly (you will have 6 pieces)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup white cooking wine
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Optional: Italian parsley to garnish
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the butter to melt. Sear the chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add the shallot, sun dired tomatoes, Italian seasoning and garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with white cooking wine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add the tomato sauce and cream and stir to combine. Add back the chicken and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 21g