There’s nothing quite like a warm, gooey oatmeal chocolate chip cookie fresh from the oven. And when it comes to classic cookie recipes, it’s hard to beat the combination of oats and chocolate.
These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are the perfect balance of chewy and crisp, with a hint of nutty flavor from the oats.
I actually almost prefer these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies to regular chocolate chip cookies.
These cookies are perfect to bring to neighbors or friends because they don’t have any raisins in them! Oatmeal cookies with raisins can be a polarizing subject. You either love them or hate them and I hate them in cookies.
Of course if you love them you can substitute the chocolate chips for raisins.
Ingredients You Will Need:
How to Make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Make Ahead and Storage:
These cookies are great to make ahead. You can either make the dough ahead, scoop them into balls and freeze or you can cook the cookies and freeze them.
Either way they turn out delicious.
Already cooked cookies can be stored in an air tight container for a couple of days.
Other Delicious Cookie Recipes:
If you love cookies like I do try these other varieties.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
The best oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe!
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter in a bowl of a stand mixer until soften. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and mix to combine.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and flour and mix to combine.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Scoop out about 2-3 tablespoons worth of dough to form dough balls and place on the parchment paper lined baking sheet leaving about 2 inch spaces between the balls.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool.